Difficulty with clicking on the File menu

Hi

I have recently started using a different laptop (Sony Vaio) for Sailwave which includes an update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am using a screen resolution of 1920 by 1080.

If I use Sailwave maximised I am unable to click on the File menu, unless I first click on the Setup menu and move left to the File menu. It will work with the intermediate menus (View etc) depending on whether a file is loaded and the window width.

After some time experimenting I have found that I can’t reproduce this phenomenon with other programs. It is dependent on the window position. If I adjust the window position carefully the File Menu will work. If I’m precise I can make it work on the blank area to the right of the word File, or just on the letters “ile”.

I estimate the crucial window position to be about 250 pixels from the left of the screen. If its right of that it’s fine. Vertical position doesn’t seem to matter.

Has anyone else found a similar problem. Does anyone know of a solution? Is this a known bug?

Russell

Hi Russell,
Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I am not aware of something like this happening before, however there is always always a first Time.

Something to try, double-click the bar at the top of the window alongside where it shows you the name of the file you have open or if you just have Sailwave open it will show Sailwave and the version number you are using. This usually in Windows adjusts the size of the window to the maximum screen resolution.

Kind regards,
Huw

Thanks for the suggestion Huw, but it doesn’t solve the problem. It behaves in exactly the same was as using the maximise button.

Russell

Hi Russell

The only time I’ve seen anything like that is when I have screen recording software installed. Then I normally press the alt key before clicking the menu. But in normal operation there is not a problem with Windows 10

Jon

Thanks Jon. I don’t have any screen recording software so that’s not it but the suggestion about using Alt is a really good one. It hadn’t occurred to me but it will definitely help.

Russell