TLE persistent in files

Used the TLE code last night for the first time. Is there a new version of SW that has TLE built in? Or is there a way to make the TLE (finishers + 2) persistent from one file to the next?

I should know this, but suffering a short term memory failure or something.

Hi John,

If you create an empty .blw file and add the TLE code and save the file - Then start a new series by copying and renaming this file it will have the TLE code in it

If you start a new series in the latest version of Sailwave it creates all the standard codes as per RRS but TLE is not one of those listed by RRS

A10. SCORING ABBREVIATIONS

These scoring abbreviations shall be used for recording the circumstances described:
DNC Did not start, did not come to the starting area
DNS Did not start (other than DNC and OCS)
OCS Did not start; on the course side of the starting line at her starting signal and failed to start, or broke rule 30.1
ZFP 20% penalty under rule 30.2 UFD Disqualification under rule 30.3
BFD Disqualification under rule 30.4
SCP Took a Scoring Penalty under rule 44.3(a)
NSC Did no sail the course
DNF Did not finish
RET Retired
DSQ Disqualification
DNE Disqualification (other than DGM) not excludable under rule 90.3(b)
DGM Disqualification for gross misconduct not excludable under 90.3(b)
RDG Redress given DPI Discretionary penalty imposed
DPI Discretionary penalty imposed

So WS, bless them, adds the new TLE procedure in the standard SI draft recommendations, but doesn’t create the code in A10. (Which I admit I didn’t check.) It’s a good thing that they only have two hands that don’t know what the other is doing.

I apparently have a bunch of keen types who are tracking times pretty carefully, so I expect TLE is going to be with us for a while. Would we consider adding it to SW, even though it’s not properly in A10? It is in the standard SIs, so it’s kind of official. We don’t create new files very often, but instead do as you suggest – just repurpose the old one – but someone is sure to get stuck at some point.

And how nice to celebrate the first Wednesday Night Racing after 18 months of hiatus with a minor technical issue. Onward!

Thanks,

jrc

John,

Not sure if you followed the discussions regarding TLE scores on the Racing Rules of Sailing forum, but there are significant issues with the current Appendix LG TLE wording. I’ve reported it to the WS racing rules committee and I expect an update in the near future. Here are the links:

Cheers,
Peter