Relative Paths for publishing

I’d like to be able to set up each of our Sailwave race files on the PC at home and then just copy them to the club PC.I note that you can specify a relative path for the published file but Sailwave immediately resolves it to the full local path checking that it exists.

Is it possible to just have a relative path for publishing saved in the file? e.g. Results\SpringHandicap.html

Regards

Peter

BoughBeechSC.org.uk

Hi Peter - Sailwave does save the absolute path. But here is a solution for you - I’ve written this small program especially for you - but anyone else may also find it useful.

The program is ToFile.exe which you can download from here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220425/Tofile.EXE

Download this and save it in the Sailwave directory (where your Sailwave.exe is stored) - on both your systems, then when you select a destination to publish

Inline images 1

Select the Destination as “An installed Application” and in the Application box type “ToFile .\Results” (note the space after ToFile) assuming that you want the results in a sub directory of the location where the Sailwave Blw is stored

This will then publish the results to this directory using the name of the blw file with a .htm extension. The destination directory must exist. You can also specify a file name if you wish so e.g. ToFile .\Results\Peter.html

You may also specify an absolute path if you wish.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jon

···

On 9 February 2016 at 00:42, peter@thecannons.me.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I’d like to be able to set up each of our Sailwave race files on the PC at home and then just copy them to the club PC.I note that you can specify a relative path for the published file but Sailwave immediately resolves it to the full local path checking that it exists.

Is it possible to just have a relative path for publishing saved in the file? e.g. Results\SpringHandicap.html

Regards

Peter

BoughBeechSC.org.uk

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Jon,

Very many thanks for your prompt reply ( as usual!)

I’ve downloaded the exe and will try as soon as possible.

Peter

BoughBeechSC.org.uk

Hi Jon

If you are passing Fowey this Friday it would be great to see you for a drink at the yacht club and perhaps look at the parameters of NHC

regards Michael

···

From: “Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com
To:sailwave@yahoogroups.comsailwave@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 0:28
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Relative Paths for publishing

Hi Peter - Sailwave does save the absolute path. But here is a solution for you - I’ve written this small program especially for you - but anyone else may also find it useful.

The program is ToFile.exe which you can download from here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220425/Tofile.EXE

Download this and save it in the Sailwave directory (where your Sailwave.exe is stored) - on both your systems, then when you select a destination to publish

Inline images 1

Select the Destination as “An installed Application” and in the Application box type “ToFile .\Results” (note the space after ToFile) assuming that you want the results in a sub directory of the location where the Sailwave Blw is stored

This will then publish the results to this directory using the name of the blw file with a .htm extension. The destination directory must exist. You can also specify a file name if you wish so e.g. ToFile .\Results\Peter.html

You may also specify an absolute path if you wish.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 9 February 2016 at 00:42, peter@thecannons.me.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Regards

Peter

BoughBeechSC.org.uk

Jon,

Sorry for the late report. This works beautifully, and the bonus assumption of the file name from the blw file name is one less thing to configure.

I have had a couple of instances of Sailwave crashing on startup and had to reboot to resolve it. IF it happens again I’ll see if I can spot an errant process still running. I don’t believe it has anything to do with ToFile though at the moment.

Thanks again.

Peter

Bough Beech SC

Hi Peter - Only thing I know that crashes Sailwave on startup is Teamviewer and that is a Teamviewer issue. The installer usually fixes this when Sailwave is installed but if you installed Teamviewer after Sailwave then you need to run the Teamviewerfix.exe which is in the Sailwave program files directory. Let me know how it goes. Jon

···

On 9 March 2016 at 23:50, peter@thecannons.me.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

Sorry for the late report. This works beautifully, and the bonus assumption of the file name from the blw file name is one less thing to configure.

I have had a couple of instances of Sailwave crashing on startup and had to reboot to resolve it. IF it happens again I’ll see if I can spot an errant process still running. I don’t believe it has anything to do with ToFile though at the moment.

Thanks again.

Peter

Bough Beech SC

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”