Interfacing with Excel

Hi,
We run multiple series throughout the year that are divided into divisions. I have an Excel spreadsheet in which you can enter the details of the sailor and it will apply a handicap and division (we use progressive handicaps). However, the sailor list and people who turn up on the day are often different and people may only turn up for 1 weekend halfway through the series. Adding extra sailors in Sailwave is a bit of a pain so is there someway I can link Sailwave to Excel so that when I add a new sailor or modify the list in someway, it updates it in Sailwave too?

Cheers,
Macgregor

Hi Macgregor,
The short answer is yes. This is because Sailwave has the required messaging built-in; it was added several years ago when Sailwave had RYA NHC progressive rating functionality added.

I am not competent o advise on how to do this but I am sure Jon will help you, but he is a bit busy at the moment scoring iQFOiL World Championship and rolls straight into scoring the Techno Europeans.

All best in for getting your requirement sorted.
Kind regards,
Huw

As Huw said - I’m quite busy at this moment but if you can wait a few days I can go over the Windows messaging solution which requires some programming ability.
Alternatively, you can import competitors from a CSV file generated by excel.
And of course, you can very easily take competitors from Sailwave into Excel

Perhaps as soon as I have some time we could chat on the phone - it may be quicker

Jon

Sounds great thank you. I am in no hurry so just let me know when you are available.
Cheers,
Macgregor

If you do a phone call make sure you post the process so we all get to find out… :slight_smile: