Problem importing series from csv file

Hi there,
I am new to Sailwave and am still trying to figure it out. I have created a test sailors list on excel for my club and want to import it to test it out. However, when I go to import series from csv file, it does not show up as an option. Is there some sort of configuration I need to do to get Sailwave to recognize that it is an importable file?
Many thanks in advance,
Macgregor

Hi MacGregor,

Welcome to Sailwave.

Before you can import competitors from a CSV file you have to create a new series, File | New series.

You might like to consider downloading the Sailwave User Guide & Reference Manual from the Help area on the Sailwave website - Sailwave User Guide | Sailwave.

Kind regards,
Huw

Yes, I have created a new series but it still doesn’t show up. The reason I thought something was wrong is because a different list that was previously used does come up as an option, however, the one that I have created does not. The one I created does include formulas to sort boats into divisions, would that make a difference?

Hi MacGregor,

Have you saved the file as a .CSV file or left it as an XLS? If the later Sailwave will not find the file when you browse for it. Sailwave when you import only displays .CSV files for selection.

If yo care to attache CSV file of competitors I will try importing to new series.

Kind regards,
Huw

That was the missing piece! I didn’t realise you had to export it as csv, I guess I just assumed that was the default. Thank you very much!

1 Like