A discard issue in a combined q/f and standard series

Hi Jon,

I’m just preparing for the ILCA 6 Youths and I’ve created a Sailwave file with some random results. The file contains 3 flights/fleets of men sailing q/f series and one start on women sailing a standard series. Based on the settings race 6 should not have a drop for the men’s, but there should be a drop for the Women. That men’s “App LE Addendum C” setting was not inherited for the women.
The men’s results look fine, but the women’s results don’t. In race 6 the RET score for 217034 should be discarded, but it is not.

Here is the link to the BLW file: Dropbox - W & M series.blw - Simplify your life

Peter

Hi Peter,

I’m away at the moment. But did open your file to have a look. I can see that you have both a Mens Fleet with Flighting and a Womens fleet without flighting in the same file. I would never do that personally as you can only have one split of Qualifiers/Finals per race and the locking of the scoring system for qualifiers applies globally. The solution is to have the Mens and Womens as separate files. It makes things much simpler and you can if you wish they have different people score each fleet.
Jon

Hi Jon,

With a good possibility that the four fleets get mixed up, it’s our preference to have a single Sailwave file with a single scorer. The only time that there is an issue in our case is when we have just one race in the final series which doesn’t happen often and I’ll separate the file into two if this happens. At CORK we’ve run this scenario for at least the last 4 years and this is the first time that I noticed the issue. However, I’m now aware of it and will keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
Peter