Adjusted High Points scoring

I run the scoring for a Ranking system for Radio Sailing that uses high points scoring with a custom formula. I have been asked to score two of the events (National Championships) with higher points than the other events. Is this possible in Sailwave or not and if so how? The current max points is 100 for first and 1pt for last for every event. As an example, the likely values for a National Championships are 200 through to 2 points, but that is yet to be decided, with the rest remaining as 100 through to 1point.

I believe you can give “weight” to a race - such as this race will count
1.5 times normal. I don’t think it matters whether you are low point
scoring or high point scoring. Offhand, I don’t remember where to do
this in the user interface but I’m sure someone will chime in. I think
you need to enable “Race weightings” under Setup|User Interface.

Art

Thanks Art - I am sure that Jon or Huw will be able to tell us!

After setting weighting in Setup|User Interface, the weighting appears in each race and defaults to 1. To give twice the points, it needs to be set to 0.5, although my custom formula does not give even increments and jumps by either 6 or 8 points per place with 29 competitors, but does give double points for the winner.

Thanks for the tip and that helps enormously for now.

Hi Peter,

Yes you can change the weighting a race has in the overall scheme of things. There are two things to do.

The first is enable the race weighting option in “Set up | User interface”

2023-03-06_18-56

Then edit race information.

For double points set 2

Kind regards,
Huw

Huw

My Custom formula of “round((R-P+0.5)*100/(R-0.5),1)” gives 100 for first and 1 or 2 for last depending upon the number of entries. To give 200 for first the weighting needs to be set to 0.5. Setting it to 2 gives 50 points.

I am guessing that setting it to 2 for a low points scoring system gives 2 for first, 4 for 2nd etc as per medal races.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes you are correct. I forgot you were using High Point scoring :frowning:

Kind regards,
Huw