Average Speed Column Header

Last night I noticed that the Average Speed column header actually displays “Average¬speed”. Is there a way to change this to “Average speed”? Attached are the blw and published htm. The Sailwave version is 2.29.6.

Thanks,
Tom Owen,
Dahlgren Yacht Club
2022_PHRF_Spring_Low_Points_Wind_Indexed.htm (41.9 KB)
2022_PHRF_Spring_Low_Points_Wind_Indexed.blw (142.8 KB)

Hi Tom,

Welcome back to the SUG.

Short answer to your question is no :frowning: within Sailwave

As the Average Speed in the individual race results is a calculated internally value there is no column/field you can edit. The only solution I can offer at present is to manually edit the HTML file to remove ¬ character.

It looks like there might be a formatting issue for the column name internally to Sailwave, so this will be something Jon has to look at.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Tom, Are you using an effect to change to “Average Speed” as when I publish I get Ave Speed as the heading?

Cheers

Keith

Thanks for the response. I figured that would be the answer. Maybe Jon has more insight

Tom

Not that I am aware of. Are you using the same version 2.29.6?

Tom

Sorry I am on 2.29.0 so may have muddy the waters, I do have an Effect Jon wrote for me a while back that allows the fixed headings to be changed which is why I asked.

Just checked the source code it creates “Ave speed” so at this moment I’m not sure where the ¬ character is coming from
Really strange as I did a search of the whole source code for the ¬ char and it finds nothing
Will investigate further when I get a bit of Time. Just packing to go to Ireland to score the Wave Regatta in Dublin

Jon

Could you send me a copy?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks. I will investigate further as well. My header is not “Ave speed” either so something is amiss.

Tom

Hi Tom,

You can down load Jons Original from the effect library here. ModHeader(Jon) | Sailwave

In you case Change of add a section where
var sSelector = ‘.racetable th’;
As you want to target the race table.

Suggest as a quick test just turn off all you effects and see what you get.

Cheers

Keith

Jon et al

Some additional information. This is really strange. I used the modheader.js with the following in UTF-8 encoding.

//

// name=ModHeader

// dependencies=jQuery

// description=Modify head of summary tables.

// author=Jon Eskdale

// date=2016-04-13

// version=1.0

// url=http://sailwave.com

// email=jon@sailwave.com

// twitter=@eskdale

//

var sText = ‘Average¬speed’;

var sSelector = ‘.summarytable th’;

$(function () {

$(sSelector).filter(function() {

return $(this).text() === sText;

}).text(“Average speed”);

});

However in Sailwave when I select moderator I get in the ‘code’ window (Notice the additional ‘Â’):

var sText = ‘Average¬speed’;

var sSelector = ‘.summarytable th’;

$(function () {

$(sSelector).filter(function() {

return $(this).text() === sText;

}).text(“Average speed”);

});

And then the published result is “AverageŽspeed”, This appears to be a character set encoding (e.g., UTF-8, ANSI, etc.) issue.

My browser is Microsoft Edge Version 101.0.1210.53 (Official build) (64-bit). If I convert moderator.js to ANSI, I get even stranger results. What is the expected file encoding for the effects and what is the encoding of the resultant html file?

I searched in both the Program Files (x86) and my local Sailwave folders for “average” and go no hits other than “moderator.js”. Is there any other useful information that I can provide?

Tom