"Buffer OverFlow at AddLine _SavetoFile" Too Many Entries? Resolved

Resolved:
I reduced the number of total Entries in my file from 553 to 507 and it resolved.
So we cannot just allow the old entries to stay on the file, even though they are “X” excluded.
Somewhere between 507 and 553 ( this includes aliases ) is the limit it appears.

I am getting this Error Message when I score or rescore.
Using “internal NHC” on Alaised Personal Handicap Fleets.
(8x Aliased Fleets for Personal Progressive )
(2x Un-Alaised are on RYA-Plym and all the others (6x) are “None” for Line Results )
It worked perfectly all last season with two separate files.
(each with 4x Fleets for each of Seniors(PM) and Juniors(AM) )

This season our juniors sail with with the Seniors in the Afternoon ( all sailing in PM ) , so we have 8x fleets with 6x starts for each race.
The total number of potential sailors in the competitor list is 270x ( Double this with their Aliases )
I could do a bit of a cleanup to get rid of Juniors who have graduated to the next class up.
Normally we have about 70x active sailors ( SW reports: 128x currently Included, 553 Entries but 1/2 these are aliases) , with lots more occasionals and visitors.
It could be that we simply have too many competitors clogging up the system? What is the practical “Max Entries” including Aliases.

What happens now?
We “Score series”
We see the above error one time, almost immediately, and Click OK.
Wiat a second or two then we see 1x handicap Fleet calculating fine, using the SWHelper and we observe it calculating from Race1 through to the current race + 1.
Then that pop-up window disappears and the next fleet does not appear to calculate.

We would normally expect each Fleet to run through the process of recalculating each race. A process that can take minutes, but is reassuring to see it complete each fleet.

When we look at the Published Results for the Progressive Handicaps.
The Alaised HNC fleet that does get calculated:

1. Gets a correctly calculated Corrected Time and Placing based on the current Rating.
  2. Gets a New Rating as expected for progression, ready for the next race.
    But all the other Aliased NHC Fleets
  3. Gets a correctly claculated Corrected Time and Placing based on the “current” Rating
  4. NO “New Rating”. ( no progression is calculated )

It seems to have got worse of two weekends , ie fewer fleets being calculated as our season progresses. The error used to pop up sequentially for each fleet but on “OK” it proceed to calculate correctly.
We have only sailed 5x races of perhaps 40x for the season.
I notice also that some of the Aliased sailors do not automatically get a Finish time when the SailNumber wizard enters an Unalaised Finish time. I have to go and “stimulate” the system to paste a finish time to the alias.

We use SWv2.29.00 and SWHelperV1.9.3 ( both in same “Program Files (x86)” folder.
On a PC with Windows10 Updated automatically. 7MB Memory, ( BUT only 4.85GB of Free space of the 120GB SSD on C:)
We seem to have plenty of Memory but space on C: may be an issue.
I can’t find where the Internal SWHelper uses an XLSX file or where it is.

Any suggestions?

Hi Andrew,

Welcome back to the Sailwave User Group forum.

Sailwave in when using NHC in internal mode does not make any use of an Excel file, the calculations are all hard coded into Sailwave. The Excel file is used when using Sailwave NHC in external mode and this so all the calculations can bee seen.

I will have to leave it to Jon who does the coding of Sailwave to respond to the issues you have found.

Kind regards,
Huw