Classes sail different number of races - again!

I can’t seem to find the answer to this one: trying to do two classes in the same scoring files, now I find that our RO has decided that one of the classes is finished for the event, while the other class will keep racing. So, when I score the remaining class, those who didn’t sail those races will get DNCs.

Is there a way to do this in one file, or do I need to break the files down into classes?

Hi Andy,

As long as the two classes are scored separately the class which is not to continue racing will not get DNC for the race(s) that the other class sail.

When scoring series use second scoring option ‘Score groups of competitors separately’ and if not using the Fleet column (default) choose grouping column, possibly in your case Class.

Kind regards,
Huw

1 Like

Hi Andy,

I see that Huw has correctly answered this question. But just to clarify that if there are no starters in a race then, that race will be ignored as long as you don’t enter any results or scoring codes for anyone in that race in the fleet that didn’t race.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I was doing an optimist race, with Advanced and Beginners. They are in the same race, normally, and then I score them by class. The issue was that the wind came up and the RO sent the beginners in, but left the advanced. So, I end up with a race that is only advanced, with the beginners not racing.

I was in a hurry, on the last race of the event, and the trophy presentation was looming, so I just copied the file into two and removed the advanced from one, and the beginners from the other.

I’ll know next time! Thanks.

In this case, all are in Optimist class. One could put them into separate Fleets - Advanced and Beginners, then score by Fleet.

Thanks Malcolm. I realized that after I’d gone through the work of separating the files. We all know the pressure at the end of an event!

Next time!