Classic Regatta and KLR Rating

Anyone give me some idea on how to implement KLR handicap, to be used with Classic Boats in a Regatta here in July this year?

Of course, I am assuming all the entrants will come with their KLR Handicap, we have asked for it on the Entry form but not a lot of data coming through at the moment…

Thanks

JohnW

I have just found the following link - https://www.fky.org/regatta/klr-engl.htm - explaining how the rating for a boat is calculated. I would do the calculation in a spreadsheet before importing competitor data including the calculated rating.

In the above link it says that a ToT calculation is performed to determine the corrected time. Sailwave has a ToT option. That has the option of A & B coefficients if required. There is also a simple TCF rating system option.

I look forward to hearing what the exact formulae for calculating a corrected time is.
Kind regards,
Huw

I look for

Huw,

Thanks, I feel another new learning curve coming on !!!

JohnW

Hi John,
Just done a bit more research and Cowes Classic Week use KLR ratings. The calculation they use to determine the corrected time seems to be
corrected time = elapsed time * KLR rating

Which if correct is available as an option on the rating tab of scoring system.

Is there a NoR or SI available for the regatta you will be scoring yet? Even if only in draft form as it might say in one of those the procedure for calculating corrected times.

Using a spreadsheet to calculate the rating for each boat using the the data required should not be hard! What will be more difficult I suspect, is getting the data needed for each boat.

Kind regards,
Huw

Kind regards,
Huw

Huw,

Thanks for the update.

You can get the NOR from this page
https://glandoreyc.com/classic/ghyc-classic-regatta/entry-race-documents/

But i wrote the NOR and it is not included, the SI’s are not in draft yet, one item we had in the NOR which i was advised to remove was a sentence in regard to the RO Team will review results in order to ensure the KLR rating was correct, now having read the link on KLR i think we may make and amendment along the line on that.

I will try and make contact with the folkes in Cowes to see if they have previous data on some classics, you never know they may be entering ours this year so that could simplify things a little .
I don’t suppose you have any contacts in Cowes by any chance?

Thx
JohnW

Huw,

I have just realised Cowes are following our Classic, we are working with the big 300 year anniversary for Royal Cork and Cowes then follow us, And we are awre of boats going to all three events.

And their web site has contact info so i will follow that up and post info on this thread for others.

JohnW