Combined PHRF and ORC Series

Want to utilize SailWave with series that includes both PHRF and ORC rated boats. Possible? How? Also, PHRF is TOD and ORC is TOT.

Hi Mark,
Welcome.

From your message I am assuming that the ORC & PHRF boats are actually competing against each other in the same race.

Sailwave will be able to score your ORC and PHRF boats as one cohort PROVIDED you use a common rating paradigm, all ToT or all ToD.

ORC certificates show single number ToT ratings for W/L course and one for general purpose course.
Following a quick search, it is possible to convert PHRF ToD to ToT, But each PHRF area may have a different conversion algorithm, so you need to check.

There are others in this forum who are much better able to advise on PHRF then me.

FYI - in one Sailwave file you could score

• ORC boats on ORC rating
  • PHRF boats on PHRF rating
  • ORC & PHRF boats as one cohort using an agreed common rating system
  • ORC & PHRF boats as one cohort using an agreed common rating system using progressive rating

Only having to enter the finish data once for each boat, the functionality is called aliasing.

Kind regards,
Huw

Mark,

It works fine. If you want to send me your email, I’ll forward a file from last summer where we have Div 0 and 1 as ORC and the others as PHRF.

I’m at jrculter@medi.net.

Be well,

jrc