Copy race results from one race to another

Is there an easy way of copying race results for a set of competitors from one race to another?

This could save a lot of time in some cases - for example when a large race management team get an “OOD” code for say 6 races.

It would be very convenient to enter the codes for the first of the races and then copy the codes into the other five races rather than enter them all manually. Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I’m interested to know how many people would use this. For the complexity of adding it is it worthwhile?

Regards

Jon

Hi Sandy,

You could always create a results CSV file for those getting OOD code and import their results into the appropriate races as required.

Kind regards,
Huw

I have to do this quite a lot.

In our club we decided to give people who sign on a score of DNS if racing is abandoned due to no wind (or too much wind). This could mean twenty people getting DNS for three races, which takes a while to fill in!

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for that. I did try that, but without sucess. I’ll have another go.

Hi Sandy,
There is a specific format for the results CSV file which can be seen at How do I import a list of race results? | Sailwave.

If you still have a problem let me know and I will create a generic one which you would need to edit for your cohort of sailors.

Kind regards,
Huw

Ah, great, thanks. I will look at that.

1 Like

That’s working fine. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi Sandy,

I was thinking about your request. What I didn’t want to do was make it more complicated for the average user. So the idea I had was to allow you to copy and paste scoring codes. So in Sailwave version 2.35 I’ve added the ability using the Cntrl C (Copy) and Cntrl V (Paste) when copying and pasting into a results cell

So in your example you have OOD in one race select this cell and press Cntrl C you will now have OOD on the Clipboard now simple select the cell for the next race for the OOD probably using the right arrow and press Cntrl V this is very quick and you can repeat for as many races you want to add the OOD

It will also be useful if there are a lot of BFD’s in a race as you can use a similar sequence as above but using the down arrow.

I’ve made it such that it will only paste into result cells if the clipboard contains a valid code as defined for the series

Make sure you are on version 2.33 or 2.34 then
You can download a .exe version of 2.35 from here [Dropbox](https://Latest version of Sailwave)
You need to replace the C:\Program Files(x86)\Sailwave\Sailwave.exe with the new downloaded version.

Let me know if it works for you and anyone that finds other uses for it
Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that. What you describe was exactly what I had in mind. I haven’t tried it yet, but I will do very soon!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sandy