Corrected times calculated in SWNHC file not importing correctly into Sailwave Report

Hi I have been experimenting changing the progressive Handicapping calculations in the SWNHC template file (loaded with version 2.29.0) to generate a PH corrected time that quarantines VYC boat ratings from an individual sailors Personal Handicap. We sail RS Aeros at Balmoral SC in Sydney and sailors can change rigs (ie 5,6,7 or 9) which all have different VYC yardsticks. I have the SWNHC calculations working and the right corrected time populates the SWNHC excel file. However, these corrected times are not reflected in Sailwave reporting. The variance is consistent so it looks like some adjustment happens when the data is imported from SWNHC to sailwave. I have tried it with rating convert config both on and off, the results remain the same. Can I have some guidance on how the corrected time result is imported into sailwave from excel.

Many Thanks

Richard S

Hi Richard,

The idea of NHC is to modify the rating for the next race - in your email you mention the corrected times ar not reflected in the Sailwave reporting
Perhaps you could email me the files you are using so that I can see what you are doing and perhaps a bit more detail and I’ll help you out
jon@sailwave.com

Jon

Thanks Jon

I have emailed you my files.

I do now understand that my assumption that NHC also calculates and uploads the corrected time is incorrect.

I think that the standard NHC will calculate the right corrected time, but I’ll have to change the handicap each time the skipper changes rig (see table below). What I’d like to do is calculate and report a consistent skipper performance handicap regardless of the rig that skipper is sailing on the day. (ie 1.0175 in the example below)

Opps, my example was wrong, see correct version below

Hi Richard - Sorry for the late reply as your email went to spam for some reason but I have it now - it was only when reading the forum I found your post

First question are you using the built in features of Sailwave or are you using one of my earlier separate programs?
I suggest you use the built into Sailwave features

If you make a copy of the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sailwave\Templates\SWNHC3.xls and rename it to something else - lets say SWRS.xls then you can edit this to work as you wish just replace the swecho.xls in the image above with swrs.xls

You won’t be using Owner Name so lets replace that with say Division (could be something else but lets assume Division) by modifying the Config sheet

Now when you score, the Division will be transferred to Excel from Sailwave
We need to have a record of which sail was used for each race so as a suggestion we populate the Division of each competitor with something like this 56677797 - this would mean they used 5 for the first race 6 for the 2nd and 3rd races then 7 for race 4,5, and 6 and so on

You can then modify the formula to calculate the personal rating based on the Sails used
Let me know if you need help in modifying the sheet but that is the principle
Perhaps a Zoom call if you need

Jon