Corrected times not calculating.

First let me say thanks. Support is great for this free program. It is always challenging to learn a new program that can do many things.

For this regatta (attached file), I have only entered the first race ( 4 starts and classes) to make sure it was calculating properly. This event has already been run so this is my second test. I will enter the other 2 races/classes when I get the corrected times to calculate.

I started of by importing a local competitors list and removed the ones not entered.

Using the Sail Number Wizard (love that) I entered the Start and Finish times.

All looked good until publishing and seeing the Corrected times were the same as the Elapsed.
Sailwave results for 2015 Ventura Cup / Santa Barbara Channel Challenge at 2015

sailwave results

View on www.webbdawg.com

Preview by Yahoo

This event, a 3 race regatta with 4 starts per race, I did things different than my first test event, a single random leg race w/one start. Everything in the first was hand entered and I remember editing the race info Menu > Edit > Edit Race

In this event the Sail Number Wizard asked for Start times and Finish times so I thought that is all that is needed.

Under the Edit Race, you can enter a start time for each race. But there are 4 start times for each race because of classes.

So would you have to make a Race 1.1, 1.2 , 1.3, 1.4 with different start times for each class? and then do the same for each race/class in a regatta?

Take a look at my file and tell me what I am missing.

Thanks

Dave Trude

This place is great. I’ts like a programmers forum where you typically answer your own questions and solve your problems.

I got the calculated times to run after editing the race.

The Race Edit seems to know there is more than one start because for R1 it had Start 1 already there. I only had to had new starts for each class with correct data. Just make sure you choose the correct fleet/competitors for each different start.

If you have to put start times in the Race Edit to work why does the Sail Number wizard ask for the start time too?

I’m really getting to like this program.

I think I’ll try it out on our Blokart / Landsailing racing too.

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

I have had a quick look at the file you posted and I have noticed the following things:

1 - Under race information you have that boats are be finished as places, this needs to be changed to Finish Time by selecting from the drop down list

2 - Again under race information you have not entered a distance and you have selected that you are using ToD on the Rating tab under Scoring system.

Changing these two points should I think start calculating corrected times.

Kind regards,

Huw

Hi Dave,

I think the problem is that you haven’t scored the series.

Once you enter the data you need to score the series before you publish the results

See Huw has just replied with what I was going to add.

Jon

···

On 5 October 2015 at 17:46, d.trude@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

First let me say thanks. Support is great for this free program. It is always challenging to learn a new program that can do many things.

For this regatta (attached file), I have only entered the first race ( 4 starts and classes) to make sure it was calculating properly. This event has already been run so this is my second test. I will enter the other 2 races/classes when I get the corrected times to calculate.

I started of by importing a local competitors list and removed the ones not entered.

Using the Sail Number Wizard (love that) I entered the Start and Finish times.

All looked good until publishing and seeing the Corrected times were the same as the Elapsed.

sailwave results

View on www.webbdawg.com

Preview by Yahoo

This event, a 3 race regatta with 4 starts per race, I did things different than my first test event, a single random leg race w/one start. Everything in the first was hand entered and I remember editing the race info Menu > Edit > Edit Race

In this event the Sail Number Wizard asked for Start times and Finish times so I thought that is all that is needed.

Under the Edit Race, you can enter a start time for each race. But there are 4 start times for each race because of classes.

So would you have to make a Race 1.1, 1.2 , 1.3, 1.4 with different start times for each class? and then do the same for each race/class in a regatta?

Take a look at my file and tell me what I am missing.

Thanks

Dave Trude

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Dave,

In regard to 4 different start times this done in the Rcae information window by creating additional starts and configuring which boats (classes) are on which start. Sailwave will then score by your selected grouping.

FYI - to save you having to entering the start time for each boat in the Sail Number Wizard, enter the start time for each start in the race information window. I also suggest that you enter all times in 6-digit format, i.e. HHMMSS as it saves extra typing, but if you do want a time separator I suggest you use a . [period] as it is on the numeric pad and do have to move away from numeric pad and also use shift key if used normal time separator of a : [colon].

Sorry can’t grab screen shots and add as doing this through web browser to this group because my ISP is currently refusing to accept any emails I send from my desktop client. Happens every couple of months and then sorts it’s self out. Very frustrating.

Kind regards,

Huw

I figured it out and after properly editing the Race Info everything calculated.

I did score the race previously but I had not entered race data as the Num Wiz asked for Start and finish times. A bit confusing. I have definitely found that steps need to be done properly in proper order.

Is there a published cheat sheet for taking the proper steps. That would be so helpful to newbies and is something I do not think other scoring systems have.

We also had 2 Scoring penalties and it took a bit for me to get it right.

Here is the published results of a 2 bouy (saturday) and 1 random leg (Sunday) Regatta.

In race 3 of the B fleet you will see Pangea with an SCP of 40% of 7 boats only 2.8 points.

In Race 1 of the Non_Spin fleet you will see Eclipse with the same only 1.2 points

40% of a small fleet is hardly a penalty. We need to change our SI’s

Thanks for the info.

I think I’m about ready to give a small presentation to next years Race Chair.

Dave T