Correcting results

How do people deal with a situation like this:

14 RS Fevas start a 3 lap race, 14 are recorded as finishing and are duly entered into Sailwave. Some time later it is discovered that 8th was actually in the process of being lapped, went in after 2 laps and consequently was scored DNF.

So the luckless results officer finds the appropriate Sailwave cell, goes >Edit Result and sets Code to DNF. Does he then

A) Leave Place as is

B) Remove Place

C) Remove Place and edit all subsequent competitors to move them up one place.

It seems to me that C is what actually happened but hard work, B means no one was 8th which can’t be true, A says he was 8th but did not finish which is nonsense.

I expect I’m missing something again!

Hi Richard - If you score him DNF then in the majority of cases that would be all that is required as all the points would be moved up for example even if they finished 9th they would get 8 points

The only time it would be critical is if you are using a scoring code which relates to their finishing positions.

But C is very easy to do just score him DNF and click on the rearrange button

image.png

And bingo they are all renumbered

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Thanks Jon and ah, yes, the Rearrange button. I knew I must be missing something partly because I don’t have one! But I do have a Rearrange recorded places menu item. I’ll try setting that up and experiment.

Does it allow you to insert a competitor?

When you say insert. do you mean insert a result or a new competitor

For result you can just double click the results cell and enter the result. For competitor there is the new competitor button and also the new competitor like button.

If you give the competitor a result you can either give them last place and move them to the correct location (Drag and Drop works) or you can enter their correct position and the others will be moved.

If there is someone already in that place then you may need to make sure these two are in the correct order when you click the rearrange button

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233