Crossover on Mac, fonts problem

Hi all, desperately trying to get sailwave (2.29.1) running on a Macbook Air (M1). I cant get playonmac to work so I gave crossover a shot (trial version for the moment).

Sailwave installs fine, I can open files, score them, publish them, but there is a problem with the fonts.
In the overview (current ranking) I can see boats, sailors, scores, but when I go to edit something then the fonts are transparent (or white). The content is there - I can see it on the position of the cursor, and I can edit it and then it shows in the “overview” screen, but its hard to work with it like that. The same applies to all menus btw and the fields that show variable content in the buttons list.

Any ideas ? I tried to install fonts already into the same bottle but no change…

It would really help to get rid of one more computer to travel with :wink:

Cheers,
Markus

Hi Markus

That is really interesting

Although I primarily use a windows computer I do have an M1 Mac Pro

I did try both PlayonMac and Crossover some time ago but neither worked on the M1. I will try Crossover again when I get home (away for the weekend) with the latest OS and app.
It does work perfectly on the M1 Mac using parallels however

Jon

Hi Jon,

I tried another trick that you posted for use on Linux (removing the theme from “light theme” to none). Apparently it is newer versions of wine that cause the problem. It is working for now (it doesnt look pretty as the “no theme” font is way to big) but it is OK for working. Probably someone with more understanding of this can build a theme with the correct fonts that works with it ?

Cheers,
Markus

Hi Markus,

I’ve been using Parallels on my MacBook Air (M1) for more than a year now. Sailwave works seamlessly and flawlessly in the Parallels Desktop. I can click on a blw file in Finder and it will open in Sailwave.

Regards,
Dave

I use VMware Fusion Player on my MacBook Air running Ventura - it works just fine for me.

(I’m not sure its the cheapest option, I use VMware for other projects as well so its just what I have)

Vmware is free for personal and non-commercial use, but you might have to buy a WIndows OS license.

Hi Markus - Apologies for the delay - I installed the latest Crossover and currently have Ventura 13.2.1

But I can’t get Sailwave to run on my M1 Macbook Pro - What bottle type did you use was it a Window 7 or Windows 10 and was it 32 bit or 64 bit The utilities such as SWCList run fine but Sailwave always crashes on startup with Crossover - It works great with Parallels on the same PC - If you could share any info you have I can investigate - Thanks jon