Current USSA rating file

Good day everyone.

I’m just starting to figure out the Sailwave software for our sailing club. For scoring we currently use a spreadsheet adjusting times using the DPN number taken from the 2017 North America Portsmouth ratings. The club is in Ontario, Canada.

I was hoping when we switch to this software we could also start using more up to date rating numbers, and get some North American ratings for boats that weren’t part of that 2017 rating document (like the RS Aero). If I’m understanding it correctly the US started using a PYOnline system to make submitting race results easier and then could publish updated ratings each year. Are the updated ratings available somewhere or do you have to be a member of US sailing to get it?

We could also use the RYA ratings but there are too many boats missing from the ratings file (Y-Flyer, CL16, etc.).

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Hi John,
Welcome to the Sailwave User Group forum.

Unfortunately I have not seen any US Sailing published numbers since 2017, if you find some I am happy to create a CSV file unless one of the Sailwave users in USA/CAN is willing. Just checked by quick search and still only 2017 edition coming up

My understanding is US Sailing did take on RYA PY ONline but I know nothing more. The RYA have updated there system in the last 12 months.

I think it might be possible once you start using Sailwave for you to submit race results to RYA PY Online and get a rating analysis specific to your club as you build up the number of race results.

Kind regards,
Huw

Good afternoon all.

I’m still hoping someone who has access to the US PYOnline will post the current ratings. A sailwave ratings file isn’t needed I can create that but I’d love to have the current numbers. So if you can access that system please consider posting.

I am a little surprised US Sailing doesn’t post them somewhere but if they do I can’t find it.

Thank-you,

John

Hi John,
I have enquired about US Sailing PY Numbers and to the best of my contact’s knowledge none have been issued since 2017.

A suggestion - create a spreadsheet listing all the classes from US 2017 list and then add a column and include RYA latest numbers for classes that are in both. Then create a factor for each which is in both columns, for example RYA / US and see how close to a common value this is for all the classes with a US & RYA number and decide a conversion factor to use to convert RYA for missing US classes to US number.

For classes that are in US & Canada that are not in US PY list or RYA list, things get a bit more challenging.

Al best in your quest for numbers.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi John,
Quick follow-up.
RYA & SCHRS have an agreed method for converting SCHRS rating to RYA PY number.

Kind regards,
Huw