Displaying Flight Colors for Each Competitor in Results

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on displaying the flight colors for each competitor alongside their race results in Sailwave.

So far, I’ve managed to achieve this by exporting two separate tables: one containing the race results, and the other with the flight colors for each race and competitor. I then combined this data using a code editor.

However, I would prefer to accomplish this directly within Sailwave, ideally using the Effects panel. Is there a way to extract the flight color data for each race and competitor within Sailwave, so that I can apply a script to display a color circle next to the points for each race?

To provide additional context, the flight colors change after each day of racing (typically after every three races), so I can’t rely on the static data in the “Flight” column, as it constantly updates.

Any advice or suggestions on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Nicolás

Hi Nicolas,

I will try and put some info into the HTML in the next major version or Sailwave which would make it easier

You can however currently publish the starts in separate columns
please see the options tab from the publish menu

But it should be possible now with a bit of work if you use this option to obtain the results you want

Interested to see what you produce

Regards

Jon

Hola Nicolás

Very well done. Like Jon and I suspect others it would be great to know the exact workflow you did to achieve this.

As you probably know Sailwave has effects to highlight the first three boats in each race, Most effects work together, it would be a shame if what you have come up with has a clash of colours.

A tip if in case you were not aware, The names used for flights should all start with a different letter; for example:
Yellow
Blue
Green
Red
Purple/Fuschia
White

In Spanish Yellow (Amarillo) and Blue (Azul) both start with the same letter. This made it more difficult a few years ago trying to resolve a problem for a Brazilian Sailwave user when looking at results in finishes view.

Kind regards,
Huw