Division Results Publishing

We are holding a regatta in Gibsons (BC, Canada) in a couple of weeks, and I have been tasked with the scoring. I am struggling to publish results for the two PHRF divisions above and below 147 and a separate (no 3) division for the specific M242 class. I am running it on draft data to see how it works.

I want to be able to publish,

1. summary results by race comprising all divisions, a total of 3 x tables. It can be run after each set of data is added after each of the three races.
  2. summary results for all divisions for each race (a total of three tables, one per race)
  3. One summary table for the series for all competitors across all three races and divisions.

I am struggling to work out how to do this.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I think that Sailwave will be able to accomplish this, but you might have to use aliases.

Will you be able to share your current draft Sailwave file?

If needed, I can do a zoom call with you. I live one province to the east of you.

Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the offer. File attached.
Gibsons Summer Regatta.blw (31.4 KB)

Mike

Hi Mike,

I had a quick look at the file and the race results were recorded by place instead of corrected time. The attached file has been modified to corrected time. I’ve added the BCE and BCR values, but you can unselect those.

Below are the steps I used to create the three outputs.

1. summary results by race comprising all divisions, a total of 3 x tables. It can be run after each set of data is added after each of the three races.

Enter the race number that you want to publish

image.png

Output:

1. summary results for all divisions for each race (a total of three tables, one per race)
    image.png

image.png

1. One summary table for the series for all competitors across all three races and divisions.

Let me know if this is not what you were looking for and we can set up a Zoom session.

With Sailwave you have great opportunities to display the results in many different ways.

I am currently working on the Smart TV display for the CORK, Kingston events. Here is a sample of one display: https://cork.org/past-results/results2024/FOILKingston/results.html?RandomImageBG=https://cork.org/results-assets/Images_demo/30.jpg&refresh=0&step=2&speed=40&Cover_image&opacity=0.8

Peter

Gibsons Summer Regatta With Peter’s edits.blw (31.4 KB)

Peter,

Thanks so much. I’ll take a look at this later when I can fire up the bootcamp microsoft side of my Mac. Very much appreciated.

Mike

Peter,

That has cracked it thank you. I have now been able to publish all the permutations I am likely to need.

The subtlety is having to score, depending on how you want to publish the results. That said I’m not sure I’m ready to take on anything quite as complicated as your current task with the CORK, Kingston events. That does look impressive.

Many thanks

Mike