Email response seems to be broken

Sometimes my email responses go missing and sometimes they go through. Today I sent two responses and both went missing (the 2nd was just a resend of the 1st). It would be nice if someone could look into why some messages are failing. I simply click “reply” in Thunderbird and it automatically puts in the email address to use for responding to an email sent out by the list-serv.

This happened for a while last fall and then messages started going through again. As I recall about 7 days after I send an email that doesn’t go through I’ll get some kind of notification of the failure. I have verified that I am responding to the correct email address (as specified in the list-serv email to which I am responding).

Art

Hi Art,
Sorry to hear about your difficulties responding to SUG postings. I will take a look and see if there is anything I can spot.

Kind regards,
Huw

This is always my experience. I I really want to respond, I have to go via the forum (as I am doing now). Here, I have to log in first. Could it be a permissions issue?

When I built it originally it did work fine and did for a year or so but it stopped working due to the Lets-Encrypt Master certificate expiring (Not the site one) It affected a lot of systems at the time around Oct-21. I have been aware of the issue but was not a simple fix.
I’ve now rebuilt the mail receiver from the source (Another couple of hours of my life gone forever) and if you receive this it is now working.

Well that wasn’t the only problem 1 hr later, rebuilt the Docker Manager and Discourse (The Forum software we are using)
Let’s try again

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377
07530 112233

When I built it originally it did work fine and did for a year or so but it stopped working due to the Lets-Encrypt Master certificate expiring (Not the site one) It affected a lot of systems at the time around Oct-21. I have been aware of the issue but was not a simple fix.
I’ve now rebuilt the mail receiver from the source (Another couple of hours of my life gone forever) and if you receive this it is now working.

Well that wasn’t the only problem 1 hr later, rebuilt the Docker Manager and Discourse (The Forum software we are using)
Let’s try again

Still no joy - tried numerous things this time and a couple more hours

The good news is the last one seems to work so if anyone still has a problem let me know
Jon

This is TEST, it is only a test - there is no need to adjust your TV set!

When I built it originally it did work fine and did for a year or so but it
stopped working due to the Lets-Encrypt Master certificate expiring (Not
the site one) It affected a lot of systems at the time around Oct-21. I
have been aware of the issue but was not a simple fix.
I’ve now rebuilt the mail receiver from the source (Another couple of hours
of my life gone forever) and if you receive this it is now working.

Regards

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377
07530 112233