Entering an Individual race or Series

Please direct me to where I can find information on how to have boats entered in a 22 race series and and have boats enter individual races but not the series and not have the boats entered in individual races affect the scores of the series boats.

Is this possible.

If I enter a boat for an individual race they seem to sit for the series at the bottom of the sheet but evvect the DNC, DNS or DSQ Scores. How can I not include them in the overall series?

Thanks

Dave T

dave@webbdawg.com

Hi Dave, I think I understand what you are asking. You want to be able to have a boat enter and be scored for an individual race but not have them scored as part of the series.

This would mean that you want the race scored twice in different ways. For this I would suggest using the Aliases feature.

The actual race will be the normal ( Non Alias) and then you would have Aliases for those that are in the Series. As the Alias fleet will be smaller the codes e.g. DSQ will be smaller as well. The race will be scored both with and without the extra boat(s)

Hope that helps

Jon

Sent with Mailtrack

···

On 9 April 2018 at 00:40, d.trude@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Please direct me to where I can find information on how to have boats entered in a 22 race series and and have boats enter individual races but not the series and not have the boats entered in individual races affect the scores of the series boats.

Is this possible.

If I enter a boat for an individual race they seem to sit for the series at the bottom of the sheet but evvect the DNC, DNS or DSQ Scores. How can I not include them in the overall series?

Thanks

Dave T

dave@webbdawg.com

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

If there aren’t too many, manually set the individual boats to
Exclude (under Edit Competitor), rescore and Publish to get a set of
results only for the series boats.

···
regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei, South Africa
  On 2018-04-09 01:40, [sailwave] wrote:
            Please direct me to where I can find information on

how to have boats entered in a 22 race series and and
have boats enter individual races but not the series and
not have the boats entered in individual races affect
the scores of the series boats.

Is this possible.
            If I enter a boat for an individual race they seem

to sit for the series at the bottom of the sheet but
evvect the DNC, DNS or DSQ Scores. How can I not include
them in the overall series?

Thanks

Dave T

Virus-free. www.avast.com

d.trude@yahoo.com
dave@webbdawg.com

Thank you Guys, I did not get back right away to check the suggestions.

I’ll now have a few things to look at and play with. we have only had 2 races and the 1st one we had gale warnings…no race.

Jon, I think I know how you are suggesting this be done. I have looked all over and cannot find the Aliases feature. I know I have seen it in the past but I cannot find it I have looked at the set up to see if it needs to be turned on too. I do not see it in the Competitor fields either.

Where is it?

Dave@webbdawg.com

Hi Dave,

You have to enable the Aliases feature in the “Setup” -> “User Interface”.

Peter

···

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM, d.trude@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon, I think I know how you are suggesting this be done. I have looked all over and cannot find the Aliases feature. I know I have seen it in the past but I cannot find it I have looked at the set up to see if it needs to be turned on too. I do not see it in the Competitor fields either.

Where is it?

Dave@webbdawg.com

We’re running a race series through the season but also allow boats to enter just a single race. We want to include them in the scoring for that race but don’t want to include them in with the series entrants as that changes the DNC, etc, scores. Is there any new advice since this thread from 2018, please?