Entering finish times greater than 24 hours after a start

We run some races that can span >24 hours. When entering finish times over 24 hours after the start we currently manually add 24 and enter the result in HH:MM:SS format. Sailwave correctly calculates the elapsed and scores are correct so this is a workaround, but it involves human calculations which are highly error prone.

I have tried entering the start and finish times in DD:HH:MM:SS format but the resulting elapsed time appears to be incorrect. I also tried placing the date before the start and finish times (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS) and got really odd results.

Is there something more I need to be doing, or a different format for entering the times? I really don’t want my scorers performing manual calculations after being on the water for over a day :slight_smile:

If you look at the Sailwave website on the Help - Reference page http://www.sailwave.com/help-reference then the format is explained.

Note there are additional ways of entering them using the sail number wizard which use less keystrokes. Make sure you are using one of the later versions of Sailwave as these enhancements were added.

If you still have any questions please let me know

Jon

···

On 8 May 2015 at 17:12, dave@clanfergus.net [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

We run some races that can span >24 hours. When entering finish times over 24 hours after the start we currently manually add 24 and enter the result in HH:MM:SS format. Sailwave correctly calculates the elapsed and scores are correct so this is a workaround, but it involves human calculations which are highly error prone.

I have tried entering the start and finish times in DD:HH:MM:SS format but the resulting elapsed time appears to be incorrect. I also tried placing the date before the start and finish times (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS) and got really odd results.

Is there something more I need to be doing, or a different format for entering the times? I really don’t want my scorers performing manual calculations after being on the water for over a day :slight_smile:

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”