Error loading to PYonline

Hi, I’m trying to upload results to PYonline via Sailwave. When I click Finish in the plugin I get the message " Server 400 error". That said, I do get some limited upload when I look on pyonline.org.uk but only a couple of lines of the first race; two competitors from a race of six entrants. Any reason why I would get partial upload?

Hi Nick - The RYA are currently updating the PYOnline server 2-3 weeks I had an email from the RYA with the following

As you are all aware over the past 2 years since the RYA were forced to bring the PY online website in house we have been plagued with troubles on the platform. A large proportion of the issues we have faced has been down to the age of the software that the current website is written in.

We have therefore taken the decision to update the platform to a more modern setup.

The new platform will be using Drupal 9 which is an open source platform. It is one of the world’s largest CMS platforms which will enable us to plug new modules in and build it to do what you need like Lego. We hope that the new platform will be much easier to support long term and for us will allow us to search the data much easier.

They are still working on it. I did try it just now and did get the Data sent OK message but the data I sent didn’t appear to be on the site.

I will let you know once the RYA have confirmed that it is operational
Jon

Thanks Jon,

Odd that one or two lines of a race got uploaded each time. Does that make any sense?

Nick

Does anyone know if the RYA PYonline service is working again? I’ve tried the plugin again and still getting a server 400 error message.

Certainly they haven’t notified me that it is which they did say they would do

Jon

Hi SUG members,

I have just sent the RYA an email requesting an update on when upload of results will be working again.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Nick,

I have had a reply to my email from the RYA and they can see results being uploaded. If are still getting problems can you contact Adam Parry (Adam.Parry@rya.org.uk) at the RYA.

I just did a quick test of uploading and I got an upload OK message.

Kind regards,
Huw

Thanks Huw. It’s quite interesting. I could only get 2 lines of race 1 to load to the RYA. The third boat in the results was a K1, a drop keel boat. These are listed in the keel boat section of the PY list, not with the dinghies. In the plug in, I had set the data to ‘keel’ and the keel type to ‘drop’. To experiment I took both out and just set the class to ‘dinghy’. The race(s) have imported with no error. Is this a quirk with the plug-in or the RYA?
One other question: we use a personal handicap for some races. So where PY might be 1064 for a K1, our results might use 1000 (for example) - and it can be different for each entrant. Can the RYA still use that to determine re-evaluate the data?

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the feedback. With regard to both your points, I do not have answer and suggest contacting Adam at the RYA. Especially as from the email I got earlier today, “We are hoping by the end of next week to be in a position to wanting to look at doing some test up loads to the new system.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful at present.
Kind regards,
Huw

HI SUG members,

I chased the RYA a couple of days ago about uploading results to PY Online.

The RYA are not aware of anyone struggling to upload results apart from one I raised back in June for someone.

The RYA are reluctant to do any work on the old/current version of PY Online as they are working on a replacement. The replacement is hoped to be released end of August / beginning of September 2022.

Kind regards,
Huw