Export of data for average lap time

Apologies I imagine this has been asked before but haven’t managed to find an answer explicitly…

2 questions:

1. I need to export elapsed time and number of laps separately to excel (or preferably average lap time). The best approach I’ve come up with is to unscore the series so I get a single item being a combination of time and laps separated by “/”. I then “export series summary to windows clipboard” and paste…etc…and then some manual editing.

Is there a better way (I have a lot of races to process)?

1. Is it possible to rearrange the order in which the columns are exported to windows clipboard?

Thanks for any help forthcoming

Nick

Hi Nick,

I suppose the first question to ask is why you need to export it. Is it something that can be done in Sailwave?

Without knowing what your final goal is - I can’t suggest the best route.

1. You can rearrange the order in which the columns are exported by rearranging the order of the columns within Sailwave, they will be in the same order.

Jon

···

On 5 March 2017 at 17:47, nick_martindale@hotmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Apologies I imagine this has been asked before but haven’t managed to find an answer explicitly…

2 questions:

1. I need to export elapsed time and number of laps separately to excel (or preferably average lap time). The best approach I’ve come up with is to unscore the series so I get a single item being a combination of time and laps separated by “/”. I then “export series summary to windows clipboard” and paste…etc…and then some manual editing.

Is there a better way (I have a lot of races to process)?

1. Is it possible to rearrange the order in which the columns are exported to windows clipboard?

Thanks for any help forthcoming

Nick

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

We need to export the data to work out local handicaps - not something I’d expect sailwave would want to get involved with?

many thanks nick

Hi Nick. You might want to consider using the NHC scoring in Debug mode with a slightly modified template.
This exports the average laptime directly to Excel. With a slightly modified template which you can do yourself or I’ll help you if you wish.

I don’t know which country you are in but give me a call or Skype me and I can talk you through it

Jon

···

On 6 March 2017 at 19:14, nick_martindale@hotmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

We need to export the data to work out local handicaps - not something I’d expect sailwave would want to get involved with?

many thanks nick

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Nick,

FYI - Sailwave now has functionality to directly pass data &

receive data from Excel. This was done to support the RYA NHC
rating system but can be used to do special rating adjustments for
those who can develop the appropriate Excel spreadsheet to suit
their needs. You might like to look at the Excel template that
comes with Sailwave to see how things work.

I am sure Jon can provide better and more detailed information if

required.

Others have made use of the functionality to calculate their own

rating changes. Note - the functionality provides a progressive
rating capability.

But this depends if you want a progressive rating system that

changes race by race or to calculate a static local rating system.
Something else to consider is to use the RYA Portsmouth web site
where you can upload your club results and have the ratings
produced for YOUR club & classes of boat sailed at your club.

You could score by both a standard rating system and a

progressive/personal rating system in one Sailwave file.

Kind regards,

Huw

···

On 06/03/2017 19:14,
[sailwave] wrote:

nick_martindale@hotmail.com

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

We need to export the data to work out local handicaps - 

not something I’d expect sailwave would want to get
involved with?

many thanks nick

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

www.avast.com

Hello Jon

My Club runs several series one after the other. I see that we can import the entries from one into the other. As we are using NHC we would like to at the same time import the NHC club handicap from the last race into the new series for that ones first race. Is this possible ?

Thanks

Robin

···

From: “Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com
To:sailwave@yahoogroups.comsailwave@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 6 March 2017, 19:57
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Export of data for average lap time

Hi Nick. You might want to consider using the NHC scoring in Debug mode with a slightly modified template.
This exports the average laptime directly to Excel. With a slightly modified template which you can do yourself or I’ll help you if you wish.

I don’t know which country you are in but give me a call or Skype me and I can talk you through it

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 6 March 2017 at 19:14, nick_martindale@hotmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

many thanks nick

Hi Robin that is very simple.

At the end of the first series you will have a file with one more race in it than was sailed in the series. This race contains the ratings you need to use for the next series.

So copy the Sailwave .blw file and then delete all the races except the last one - this now becomes race 1 for the new series and has all the ratings there for you. Now just add a new race and you are ready.

Jon

···

On 7 March 2017 at 18:30, Robin Meads rmeads1944@yahoo.co.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello Jon

My Club runs several series one after the other. I see that we can import the entries from one into the other. As we are using NHC we would like to at the same time import the NHC club handicap from the last race into the new series for that ones first race. Is this possible ?

Thanks

Robin

From: “Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com
To:sailwave@yahoogroups.comsailwave@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 6 March 2017, 19:57
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Export of data for average lap time

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

many thanks nick

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”