Faulty Drop Scores

I would be grateful if someone could shed light on why this file is incorrectly calculating drop scores for this series. The boat Hardcore Pawn won all seven races but its drop score is being calculated as 2.0 instead of 1.0.
Faulty Trailer Yacht Champs 25Nov23.blw (38.8 KB)

I had a quick look and under the low points system that you are using the worst score for Hardcore Pawn is 2.0 which was discarded as per RRS A2.1

Peter

Hi Kevin,
Firstly welcome to the Sailwave User Group forum.

I have looked at the file you attached and Sailwave has correctly calculated the drop as 2. This because in R2 in the file you attached, ‘Hardcore Pawn’ came 2nd not 1st.

Kind regards,
Huw

Peter

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Hardcore Pawn won every race so its discarded score for Race 2 should be 1.0, not 2.0.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The boat didn’t win race number 2. Piracy won that race and Hardcore Pawn was 2nd. Below is a screen capture of the corrected times:

Peter

Huw

Thanks for the helpful reply. I redid the results in a new file and got the correct result, Hardcore Pawn being first. I then checked Edit Results for Hardcore Pawn and found the error, the start time was incorrect for Hardcore Pawn in the original file.

Regards

Kevin

Peter

I’ve found the error. Hardcore Pawn’s start time was incorrectly entered as 140905 instead of 141905 for Race 2.

Regards

Kevin

HI Kevin,

Sailwave has calculated from the data (start time and finish time) entered that Hardcore Pawn came second in R2 based on the chosen TCF rating system…

THe problem is that the start time for ‘Piracy’ in R2 is not correct, it has been entered as 141905 where as all other boats have a start time of 140905. Correcting this error and re-scoring shows ‘Hardcore Pawn’ as now winning all 7 races and the drop is 1.0, as per your original post.

To help eliminate this sort of problem in entering finish sheet race data and save yourself time with data entry if you edit race information. To do this right click the race column header and select edit race. Now double click start 1 and set ‘Finishes will be recorded as’ to Finish Time and enter the race start time in HHMMSS time format in the Strt Time box. Now when entering finish data using the Sail Number Wizard the start time for each boat will be already entered and you only have to enter the finish time (recommend HHMMSS format) as this saves two key strokes by not having to enter a time sparator.

Kind regards,
Huw

Kevin,

One thing I noticed by looking at your file is that it looks like you enter the start time for each boat and race. Sailwave allows to specify the race start time at the race level as shown below:

The other thing I noticed is that your finishes are defined as “Place” in the edit start dialog . Since you are recoding times I would change that to Finish time.

Peter

Huw

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Kevin

Peter

Again, thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Kevin