Finish time more than 24 hours after start

Hi All,

Once a year we have an overnight race around the Fastnet Race. I always forget how to enter a finish time that’s more than 24 hours after the start time. I’ve looked in the user guide and can’t find the answer. Can somebody please remind me of the correct format to use when entering a finish time of a race thats more than 24 hours long. Thanks.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,
Dates and times are separated using the @ symbol.

It is all documented starting at page 87 in the Sailwave User Guide and Reference Manual which can be download from the Help section on the Sailwave web site. Hereis the direct link to the PDF - https://www.sailwave.com/download/sailwave/Sailwave_User_Guide-2020%20V12.pdf.

Kind regards,
Huw

Thanks Huw. I did check the user guide but didn’t spot how to do it. When it’s only once a year I forget the format to use.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave
Have a look at the reference section of the help on the Sailwave web site. You should find what you are looking for there.

https://www.sailwave.com/elapsed-time

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

I tried the date format but got an error that the elapsed time is zero when I scored the race. As I was under pressure to get the results done I changed the race to be based on Elapsed time rather than Finish time and I manually calculated the Elapsed time and entered it. As it’s only once a year I have to do this I can base the race on Elapsed time easily.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,
Please can you share your Sailwave that produced this error so either Jon or I or both can take a look?

Will also need the start time(s) and finish times if not in file.

Kind regards.
Huw

Hi Hum,

I’ll need to recreate the error as I changed the race from Finish Time to Elapsed Time. Once I recreate the problem I’ll send it on.

Regards

Dave

Hi, I’ve just had the same problem entering results for the RORC North Sea Race (and I resolved it the same way)
I’ll create a demo sailwave file to illustrate
Also the documentation is wrong, or at least I can not find where to set the date format in the settings menu!
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your information. I will check what I have written in the User Guide and update.

The date format is hidden away ;-(

The date format is set in the race information. Right click race column header, select ‘Edit race’. In the window that appears click the ‘All starts’ tab. Now select what date format you want; I would select ‘year-month-day’ because Sailwave will sort in the correct order of date and time.

I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Huw

Huw
Thanks for a very speedy response - that has fixed the issue !!
FYI I was looking at the guidance on Date | Sailwave which implies the ‘The expected date format is defined in Setup+SeriesOptions’
Problem solved - thanks
Andy