Hello, please could someone help with using this software for a ski race?

Hello all.

I am involved with the Scottish Ski and Snowboard Cross Championships event and am interested in getting some software on the go to avoid the masses of paperwork involved for the 2 day event.

Basically day one involves 2 qualifying runs, of which the best time is used to be placed into the second day which runs as a knock out race, 4 at a time of which the first 2 progress to the next round until there is a final.

Someone suggested this software and I have downloaded the program and it looks great and it has all the possibilities to be adapted to the racing setup used but I am not sure how to set it up.

If anyone is interested in helping please get in touch and I can explain in more depth how the races are run.

Thank you

Dan

Hi dan
How interesting I am at the TD forun for skiracing
iwe all use skipro for our skiraces which is very similar to sailwave
Regards
Anne

···

sent from my blackberry

Sender: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Date: 16 Nov 2013 11:56:04 -0800

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

ReplyTo: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [sailwave] Hello, please could someone help with using this software for a ski race?

Hello all.

I am involved with the Scottish Ski and Snowboard Cross Championships event and am interested in getting some software on the go to avoid the masses of paperwork involved for the 2 day event.

Basically day one involves 2 qualifying runs, of which the best time is used to be placed into the second day which runs as a knock out race, 4 at a time of which the first 2 progress to the next round until there is a final.

Someone suggested this software and I have downloaded the program and it looks great and it has all the possibilities to be adapted to the racing setup used but I am not sure how to set it up.

If anyone is interested in helping please get in touch and I can explain in more depth how the races are run.

Thank you

Dan

Hello Anne

Thanks for your reply. We are a charity run organisation and the cost of skipro wouldn’t be justified although it has come up in conversation a few times.

Just out of interest, would skipro record a skier\boarder cross event as they race 4 at a time for position, and do you know if you could set it up so that the winner of race 1 would automatically be put into race 2 but second place race one would be put to race 3 for example.

You should check out the Scottish Ski and Boarder Cross Championship at Glenshee the first weekend in March 2014.

Thanks again

Dan

···

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Anne Taylor annetaylor332@btinternet.com;
**To:
sailwave@yahoogroups.com;
**Subject:
Re: [sailwave] Hello, please could someone help with using this software for a ski race?
**Sent:
Sat, Nov 16, 2013 10:22:41 PM

Hi dan
Regards
Anne

sent from my blackberry

Subject: [sailwave] Hello, please could someone help with using this software for a ski race?

Hello all.

Thank you

Dan

Hi Dan

there is a free version of Skipro – just not available on the Vola website

If you go into www.GBSKi.com you will find a software tab at the far right of the top banner

This gives you the various Skipro downloads

choose 2.27

I run ski races and we bought a ‘dongle’ at great expense but have now reverted to the free version

as it is much easier to use

Not quite sure if Skipro can do what you want – the ‘ help’ is not nearly as good as Sailwave group

have a look at it and see what it does and I could put you in touch with some ‘experts’ who might answer your queries

Regards

Anne

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Hibbert
Sent: 18 November 2013 06:49
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Hello, please could someone help with using this software for a ski race?

Hello Anne

Thanks for your reply. We are a charity run organisation and the cost of skipro wouldn’t be justified although it has come up in conversation a few times.

Just out of interest, would skipro record a skier\boarder cross event as they race 4 at a time for position, and do you know if you could set it up so that the winner of race 1 would automatically be put into race 2 but second place race one would be put to race 3 for example.

You should check out the Scottish Ski and Boarder Cross Championship at Glenshee the first weekend in March 2014.

Thanks again

Dan

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com;
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Hello, please could someone help with using this software for a ski race?
Sent: Sat, Nov 16, 2013 10:22:41 PM

Hi dan
Regards
Anne

sent from my blackberry

Hello all.

Thank you

Dan

Hi Dan

there is a free version of Skipro – just not available on the Vola website

If you go into www.GBSKi.com you will find a software tab at the far right of the top banner

This gives you the various Skipro downloads

choose 2.27

I
run ski races and we bought a ‘dongle’ at great expense but have now reverted to the free version

as it is much easier to use

Not quite sure if Skipro can do what you want – the ‘ help’ is not nearly as good as Sailwave group

have a look at it and see what it does and I could put you in touch with some ‘experts’ who might answer your queries

Regards

Anne

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Hibbert
Sent: 18 November 2013 06:49

Hello Anne

Thanks for your
reply. We are a charity run organisation and the cost of skipro wouldn’t be justified although it has come up in conversation a few times.

Thanks again

Dan

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com;
Sent: Sat, Nov 16, 2013 10:22:41 PM

Hi dan
Regards
Anne

sent from my blackberry

Hello all.

Someone
suggested this software and I have downloaded the program and it looks great and it has all the possibilities to be adapted to the racing setup used but I am not sure how to set it up.

Thank you

Dan