Help... problems scoring with high point

I am attempting to score our season results using high point with CHIPS. The first boat in race 1 is scored 97.67 points, but all the other boats in race 1 and all the following races are scored using low-point. What am I missing? Using SailWave version 2.29.8.

2023SeasonCHIPSbasic.blw (91.5 KB)

Thanks for your help!
-Matt

Hi Matt

Sorry that is a bug in 2.29.8. It is fixed in 2.29.10

Or use an older version 2.29.4 or earlier

Regards
Jon

You can find an exe only of 2.29.10 here

That works. Thank you.
Now need to figure out if there is a scheme to highlight the 1, 2, 3 place finishes.

Hi Matt,

To highlight 1, 2 & 3 in each race on the second publishing window there is a line labelled ‘Effect’ click the button and move HighlightWins3v3 from left column to right column using >> button.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Matt,
You can use the effects when publishing. Just select the ones you want
Effects are just small snippets of Javascript that you can include automatically into the published output
Anyone can write these to create effects that you wish to use. You can also edit the existing ones so if you want to change the colours you can do this.
There are a couple of effects that are included with Sailwave
HighlightWins3 this uses the text 1.0 ,2.0 and 3.0 to decide which cells get highlighted
HighlightWins3V3 uses the rank of the competitor to highlight the cells so this will also work with Highpoint scoring

Jon

All understood. The two problems I am encountering are:

Since CHIPS scores are decimal and somewhat variable for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, the HighlightWins3 effect does not work as is. Any and all scores ending in ".1” get the first place background, etc. And, 1st place is not always the same set of characters, so a fixed regex pattern to use is hard for me to pin down.

With HightlightWins3V3, the OOD (R/C duty) code interferes with the rankings in the cases where a really good sailor’s OOD average score ranks it 3rd (or even 2nd). The real 3rd (or 2nd) gets overlooked or mis-coded. Not the end of the world, but would like to get it right. Possibly, we need another checkbox selection to “exclude code from rankings” in the scoring code setup window.

So, I am trying to discover a logic scheme to use to highlight the top 3 CHIPS scores correctly. Maybe someone has found a solution.

• Matt