Hidng Columns

A new user! Is it possible to hide a column that has a completed race in it? (As in Excel, right click column header and Hide). I sometimes want to hide a few columns just to make looking at/moving around the sheet easier. Thanks. John.

Welcome to Sailwave - Although you can’t hide individual races you

can hide any un-sailed races so you only see the races that have taken place.

To ease moving around you can also lock the non race columns to stay visible so it makes it easy to see the competitor data for any race

Inline images 2

You can also adjust the width of the race columns to get more or less of them visible at any time

Hope this helps

Jon

···

On 7 January 2016 at 04:33, jb2627@yahoo.com.au [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

A new user! Is it possible to hide a column that has a completed race in it? (As in Excel, right click column header and Hide). I sometimes want to hide a few columns just to make looking at/moving around the sheet easier. Thanks. John.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

And you do know that you can hide not required non race columns (e.g. Tally) ?

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei South Africa

···

On 2016-01-07 11:31, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] wrote:

Welcome to Sailwave - Although you can't hide individual races you can hide any un-sailed races so you only see the races that have taken place.

To ease moving around you can also lock the non race columns to stay visible so it makes it easy to see the competitor data for any race

Inline images 2

You can also adjust the width of the race columns to get more or less of them visible at any time

Hope this helps

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233
Skype "eskdale"

On 7 January 2016 at 04:33, jb2627@yahoo.com.au > <mailto:jb2627@yahoo.com.au> [sailwave] <sailwave@yahoogroups.com > <mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

A new user! Is it possible to hide a column that has a completed
    race in it? (As in Excel, right click column header and Hide). I
    sometimes want to hide a few columns just to make looking
    at/moving around the sheet easier. Thanks. John.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Brilliant! Thanks guys. Cheers john

···

On Thursday, 7 January 2016, 19:53, “jb2627@yahoo.com.au [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I’d be interested in the answer here too.

We have 30 race series.

When a Race Officer is entering results for race 29 they have no interest at all in seeing the earlier races, resizing race columns resizes all.

Hi Alan - did you see the two answers?

Jon

···

On 8 January 2016 at 16:38, alan@sailfun.co.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I’d be interested in the answer here too.

We have 30 race series.

When a Race Officer is entering results for race 29 they have no interest at all in seeing the earlier races, resizing race columns resizes all.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Jon, I didn’t bit of a limitation on the way Yahoo works ;0

Locking non race columns sounds useful - but I can’t see where - can you point me in the right direction.

Hiding unsailed races is nearly exactly the opposite of what is required in a long series :slight_smile:

Hi Alan,

There was a screen shot on my posting but if you don’t subscribe to email notifications then you may not have seen it. It’s in the Global settings

Inline images 1

That should make their job easier if they aren’t using it.

Jon

···

On 8 January 2016 at 16:46, alan@sailfun.co.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon, I didn’t bit of a limitation on the way Yahoo works ;0

Locking non race columns sounds useful - but I can’t see where - can you point me in the right direction.

Hiding unsailed races is nearly exactly the opposite of what is required in a long series :slight_smile:

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

If you use the Sail Number Wizard, the scorer can just specify for which race results are being entered, then that utility asks for sail numbers, positions or times for that race.

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei South Africa

···

On 2016-01-08 18:38, alan@sailfun.co.uk [sailwave] wrote:

I'd be interested in the answer here too.

We have 30 race series.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus