High scoring systems

Hi,

Could anyone help please. I'm trying to get my head round scoring a series using a high scoring system. Our club doesnt use this so its more for me to get to grips with it than sorting any urgent problem out. The thing is I have looked in the help file and it says there should be a check box "Multiply race weights (divide for high point)" which is supposed to "when ticked race weights are multiplied when scoring using a low point system and divided (into the points) when scoring using a high point system. Unticking this box reverses that."

I cannot find this check box anywhere in the scoring properties box. Where should it be? I'm struggling to make a high score system work so if anyone has any tricks up their sleeve please could you let me know as I'm really struggling.

Thanks.

Chris

You need in the user interface to set up both High point and race weighting.

Then use edit race by clicking the the races you want a weighting and you will find a check box there.

Mike Butterfield

···

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:23 PM

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [sailwave] High scoring systems

Hi,

Could anyone help please. I’m trying to get my head round scoring a series using a high scoring system. Our club doesnt use this so its more for me to get to grips with it than sorting any urgent problem out. The thing is I have looked in the help file and it says there should be a check box “Multiply race weights (divide for high point)” which is supposed to “when ticked race weights are multiplied when scoring using a low point system and divided (into the points) when scoring using a high point system. Unticking this box reverses that.”

I cannot find this check box anywhere in the scoring properties box. Where should it be? I’m struggling to make a high score system work so if anyone has any tricks up their sleeve please could you let me know as I’m really struggling.

Thanks.

Chris