Import the columns configuration from an external Sailwave file

For most of my events I use standard displays for publishing results, competitor lists, populated sign on/off sheets and flight assignments. This means that when I switch from one display to another I will have to use the “Columns” options to define which fields I want to publish/display and reset them afterwards.

Even if I have the publish results display configured, I have to redo this after importing additional competitors from a CSV file.

I had a look at the Sailwave file format and discovered that the columns are defined by 213 lines at the end of the file. Below are the first four lines of that “column” section:

"column","1|Rank|1|Yes|Yes|40||","",""
  "column","1|SailNo|2|Yes|Yes|57|SailNo|","",""
  "column","1|Class|3|Yes|No|81|Class|","",""
  "column","1|Alias|4|No|No|10|BLANK|","",""

I was wondering if in a future upgrade we could have an option to import the columns settings from a Sailwave file.

In this way you can maintain different templates (Sailwave files) for the particular screen configurations and publish settings.

It would not be hard to do this with an ASCII editor or simple program, but accomplishing this from within Sailwave would be much quicker and less risky.

Peter