Is there a way to publish results without showing boats that are DNC?

When publishing our results, I think it looks bad to show how many boats didn’t compete on a given day. I would prefer to show results for participants only. Is there a way to do this other than cutting and pasting an image of the result screen?

Thanks,

Grant Chyz

Hi

Disable “Include DNC result” under the Option fan when you are publishing.

···

Mvh. Karsten Svenningsen

2014-10-07 8:01 GMT+02:00 gtc@chyz.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com:

When publishing our results, I think it looks bad to show how many boats didn’t compete on a given day. I would prefer to show results for participants only. Is there a way to do this other than cutting and pasting an image of the result screen?

Thanks,

Grant Chyz

Hi Grant
Welcome to the Sailwave User Group.

Could you explain a little more on what you would like to see.

When you publish results you publish either a Series result or Individual race results

With individual race results you can control whether the boats that DNC are published or not in the option screen

see the screen shot below

If you are talking about the Series results then everyone taking part in the series needs to be shown for it to make sense.

If you are talking about excluded competitors then if you turn off the display of them on the screen this also stops them being published

Click the “X” button on the toolbar

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 7 October 2014 07:01, gtc@chyz.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks,

Grant Chyz

Jon,

Our fleet sails 3-5 races/day, with 5 days of racing making up what we call a series (for example we just completed our Fall Series – 24 races over 5 separate days of racing. I post a day of racing in Sailwave as a series, rather than single races. The show DNC box is not checked. At times I have captured the screen shot, opened in photoshop, cut out the DNC boats for the day, and published that. Our new score keeper isn’t going to do this.

Grant

···

From my perspective, the second set of results (altered in photoshop) emphasizes participation, while the first set exposes moderate lack of participation. We would like to publish these results for our fleet, but also on our club weekly e-newsletter.

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 1:19 AM
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Is there a way to publish results without showing boats that are DNC?

Hi Grant

When you publish results you publish either a Series result or Individual race results

With individual race results you can control whether the boats that DNC are published or not in the option screen

If you are talking about the Series results then everyone taking part in the series needs to be shown for it to make sense.

If you are talking about excluded competitors then if you turn off the display of them on the screen this also stops them being published

Jon

Jon Eskdale

07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 7 October 2014 07:01, gtc@chyz.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks,

Grant Chyz

Hi Grant,

As you are using High point scoring you could temporarily exclude them this would be very easy and quick

Then hide the excluded competitors and publish

Simply double click in the exclude column for those where the total is 0

You could also do this programmatically with the Tools - Set competitor field

Then to clear them select all competitors and set a value of 0 in the exclude

···

Does that work for you?

Jon
Jon Eskdale
Sailwave

03333 443377

07976 709777

Jon,

Thanks for your response. Yes, but the fleet just elected to go back to low point scoring.

Can DNC be selected for exclusion?

Grant

···

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Is there a way to publish results without showing boats that are DNC?

Hi Grant,

As you are using High point scoring you could temporarily exclude them this would be very easy and quick

Does that work for you?

Jon

Jon Eskdale

Sailwave

03333 443377

07976 709777

On 7 October 2014 15:10, ‘Grant Chyz’ gtc@chyz.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

Our fleet sails 3-5 races/day, with 5 days of racing making up what we call a series (for example we just completed our Fall Series – 24 races over 5 separate days of racing. I post a day of racing in Sailwave as a series, rather than single races. The show DNC box is not checked. At times I have captured the screen shot, opened in photoshop, cut out the DNC boats for the day, and published that. Our new score keeper isn’t going to do this.

From my perspective, the second set of results (altered in photoshop) emphasizes participation, while the first set exposes moderate lack of participation. We would like to publish these results for our fleet, but also on our club weekly e-newsletter.

Grant

Hi Grant

Jon

Jon Eskdale

07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

Thanks,

Grant Chyz

Hi Grant,

For low point scoring.

You could do exactly the same as I suggested in the previous post except it is going to be a little more complicated.

Assuming you are scoring DNC as number is series + 1.

Firstly any DNC’s will affect the points for other scores such as DNF, RET, OCS so not publishing them will be confusing.

After scoring you can mark the ones you wish to omit as Excluded and then hide them, then publish. Then unhide them and remove the excludes so that they are all visible

Note you must not score/rescore with them excluded as this will give incorrect results.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 8 October 2014 05:32, ‘Grant Chyz’ gtc@chyz.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

Thanks for your response. Yes, but the fleet just elected to go back to low point scoring.

Can DNC be selected for exclusion?

Grant

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 8:04 AM

Hi Grant,

Does that work for you?

Jon

Jon Eskdale

Sailwave

03333 443377

07976 709777

On 7 October 2014 15:10, ‘Grant Chyz’ gtc@chyz.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

Grant

Hi Grant

Jon

Jon Eskdale

07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

Thanks,

Grant Chyz