Medal Race and Final Race

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that suggestion. It sure shows the power of Sailwave. I am currently in Thailand for another Olympic Qualifier and I have a slightly deferent issue. Unlike the ILCA Worlds, at this event the non medal race sailors don’t have a race. I used your file and except for the Medal race sailors I deleted all the medal race results and the non medal race starts. I’ve attached the Sailwave file and you can see that the non-medal race gold sailors are scored DNC instead of kept blank.

2022 ILCA 6 Youth World Championships final with single medal race only - Peter.blw (469.9 KB)

Hi Peter
In this situation I give the rest of the Gold Fleet a code of “-” which is set for 0 points as you already have a code &nbsp that I’ve used in the attached file. If you have a code of - you can then give it a description so that may or may not be preferred.
I think I need to either make it possible to paste a code into the results or add a tool that can fill a selection of results with the same code just to make it easier/quicker but I think this should work for you - Let me know
2022 ILCA 6 Youth World Championships final with single medal race only - Peter-Jon.blw (469.3 KB)

Hi Jon,

Unless that its is very easy to code “paste the same code in a selection” I think that the &nbsp solution will work fine. Not too many events have this situation.

Peter

Hi Peter,
I’ll put it on my to-do list for one of the next versions (I’m just off to Malta to score the Euromed and ILCA Europacup) in the meantime, the quickest way to enter a lot of similar codes I find is to have all the competitors that need the code all consecutive (use the sort and filter may be necessary)
Make sure there are not any results for those competitors in that race - use the Edit Clear Results if necessary.
Then enter the code for the top of the list manually then press the following key sequence repeatedly until all the competitors required have the code

Down-Arrow / Enter / Alt-D / Enter

Jon

Hi Jon,

We finished the regatta complete with a medal race for the 6 classes. I found that the easiest way to populate the medal race scores for the non medal race sailors was to create an ascii file containing the race number, sail numbers and &nbsp code for those sailors and use the “import results from CSV file” option.

There were lots of standard penalties and it would be nice to have a scoring code method of “Scored points + points by hand when entering the code”

Peter

Hi Jon,

I am getting back to the ILCA Worlds Medal race. It turns out that I have to make a slight change to your provided file. The ILCA standard is that the first non medal race Gold finisher receives 11 points. This is to be consistent with the other races. Unless you have a better solution we’ll apply a scoring code to the Gold non medal racers that contains a 10 point offset. ie. Scored Points + 10

Peter