merging issues.

Trying to merge all our various cup races into one series to find our overall club champ.

When I merge, some competitors results disappear when I go to score the series,

When I look at the these results I see that it hasn’t calculated the corrected time, looked everywhere, tried various merge options and different scoring methods, but drawing a blank.

Your help would be appreciated.

PS. love the software by the way.

Colin

SBSC

Hi Colin,

In the file you attached - not many competitors have any time results present

when you score the series you need to set the score series by group and fleet

Corrected times were calculated fine for those that had results. To see corrected times in the results published you need to publish the individual races, not just the summary.

Perhaps you could post two of the source files that you merged to create this so we can advise on the merge.

Or give me a call this evening Wednesday and we can work through it.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried merging different cup races and always get the same result.

When I merge the second cup race, those competitors that have results in both events (races) work fine.

But for those who have results in the second merged race but not in the first event (race) when I do a ‘score series’ those who only had a result in race 2 only, disappear from the series.

I attach 2 files that present this phenomena.

Unfortunately flying out of the country this pm but could call next week to discuss if no further forward.

Regards

Colin.

Hi Colin
Works fine for me.

I’ve attached a small video (No Sound) of merging the two files you supplied

Hope that helps

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

The video was attached but does appear to be there so I’ve attached it again

And also an online link to it

https://www.screencast.com/t/QZYpyMYwXXa1

Jon

Hi Colin, Jon,

I suspect it is due to some of the competitors been excluded as I have found this can happen when merging files.

Easy fix Edit Mark all sailed competitors as included.

Happens to me is I open your 1st series and merge the 2nd one. 8 are excluded

If you want to confirm this, just View, Columns and show the Exclude column,

Hope that helps

Cheers

Keith

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much that video was brilliant, all works fine now.

···

So simple when you know how.

Very best regards
Colin.

Snettisham Beach SC

On Sep 18, 2019, at 2:26 PM, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Colin
Works fine for me.

I’ve attached a small video (No Sound) of merging the two files you supplied

Hope that helps

Jon
Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 10:26, colindacey@ymail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried merging different cup races and always get the same result.

When I merge the second cup race, those competitors that have results in both events (races) work fine.

But for those who have results in the second merged race but not in the first event (race) when I do a ‘score series’ those who only had a result in race 2 only, disappear from the series.

I attach 2 files that present this phenomena.

Unfortunately flying out of the country this pm but could call next week to discuss if no further forward.

Regards

Colin.

Hi Keith,

Spot on, I was very close to figuring out for myself, another 3 or 4 days thinking about it and I might of got there!

···

Jon showed me an approach where he started a new series first, then started to merge the files into that new series which then overcomes this ‘inclusion’ issue as well.

All sorted now, many thanks for your response.

Best Regards
Colin.

On Sep 19, 2019, at 7:01 AM, keithsykes69@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Colin, Jon,

I suspect it is due to some of the competitors been excluded as I have found this can happen when merging files.

Easy fix Edit Mark all sailed competitors as included.

Happens to me is I open your 1st series and merge the 2nd one. 8 are excluded

If you want to confirm this, just View, Columns and show the Exclude column,

Hope that helps

Cheers

Keith