Merging series causing race column headings to change

I discovered when merging series that I sometimes got the merged race results appearing to be out of sequence. I didn’t think that this was a great problem but have now realised that the merged results are actually in the correct chronological order but some of the race column headings have changed around (eg R2 24/10 & R4 31/10), which is very strange. Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

I am actually wanting to merge the series results and then extract and.rescore the results for the first race on each Sunday.

As my previous example may not have been very clear, I have run some further tests which have resulted in the same problem of race column headings be mixed up in the merged results. I hope that the following example better illustrates the problem:

Hi Mike,

I assume you are using the merge shown here

This merge will always add the merged races to the end of the existing races as it shows in the diagram
It will not merge them in order of date. You can however very simply move the races around (reorder them) using the Edit - Move Race Left or Right

Races are numbered R1… if you have no name to the races but if you name your races as you appear to have done then these names are just text it will not reorder them if you just change the name of the race.
Hope that helps
Jon

Hi Jon, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I merged the series using the option indicated. I see that the results are being added in the order R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 and appreciate that races can be moved left/right. However, my point is that the column headings show as R1, R4, R5, R2, R3, even when I make no change to the race names. It is not a problem for me, now that I know to ignore the column headings, but did cause some confusion. Regards Mike

Hi Mike,
If you think there is a problem - could you please email me the two files you are merging and I will investigate (jon@sailwave.com)

Thanks Jon. Will do. Regards Mike

Hi Mike and Everyone

Thank you to Mike for sending me the files - Mike is correct there was a small bug in the previous version with the Race headings when merging - This however only occured if the race order of the file being merged in had previously had its race order adjusted using the Move left or right, as far as I can tell.

Many thanks to Mike for finding and reporting this.
It is fixed in version 2.29.6 which can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/vx5bdhije0sq3xp/sailwave.exe?dl=1

This is an exe only so you must have 2.29.0 or later installed and then replace the Sailwave.exe file with this newer version

Mike - let me know if this fixes your issues.

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Happy new year
Jon

Thank you, Jon. I will download the latest version and let you know how I get on.

Happy New Year to you too.

Kind regards

Mike