Merging Series with Aliased Competitors

We have 3 series (Spring, Summer, Fall) for PHRF and Centerboard yachts that are scored Low Points. In addition, each of the series .blw files have aliased competitors to create a new Overall fleet from the 2 separate fleets (e.g., for
PHRF, spinnaker and non-spinnaker, and for Centerboard, laser and non-laser). At the end of the season, we combine all of the results from the 3 series into a single High Points for PHRF and Centerboard. The scoring is setup and works fine, but the merging
seems to have issues. It seems that I need to delete the aliased competitors from each of the low points .blw files prior to merging or some of the competitors are not merged correctly. I currently do this manually via the Edit -> Delete competitors menu
and then hand select all of the aliased competitors and then create a low points .blw for merging.

My question is: Is there a way to delete an entire fleet without having to select each competitor in the fleet?

Thanks,

Tom Owen

Dahlgren Yacht Club

Hi Tom - A quick way to delete blocks of competitors is to use the Tools - Set competitor field to set the Competitors to Excluded (set Exclude to 1) and then use the delete competitors - All excluded Jon

···

On 29 August 2017 at 14:53, Tom OWEN towen999@msn.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

We have 3 series (Spring, Summer, Fall) for PHRF and Centerboard yachts that are scored Low Points. In addition, each of the series .blw files have aliased competitors to create a new Overall fleet from the 2 separate fleets (e.g., for
PHRF, spinnaker and non-spinnaker, and for Centerboard, laser and non-laser). At the end of the season, we combine all of the results from the 3 series into a single High Points for PHRF and Centerboard. The scoring is setup and works fine, but the merging
seems to have issues. It seems that I need to delete the aliased competitors from each of the low points .blw files prior to merging or some of the competitors are not merged correctly. I currently do this manually via the Edit -> Delete competitors menu
and then hand select all of the aliased competitors and then create a low points .blw for merging.

My question is: Is there a way to delete an entire fleet without having to select each competitor in the fleet?

Thanks,

Tom Owen

Dahlgren Yacht Club

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Jon,

Thanks. That will work.

Tom

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:05 AM
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Merging Series with Aliased Competitors

Hi Tom - A quick way to delete blocks of competitors is to use the Tools - Set competitor field to set the Competitors to Excluded (set Exclude to 1) and then use the delete competitors - All excluded Jon

Jon Eskdale

07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 29 August 2017 at 14:53, Tom OWEN
towen999@msn.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

We have 3 series (Spring, Summer, Fall) for PHRF and Centerboard yachts that are scored Low Points. In addition, each of the series .blw files have aliased competitors to create a new Overall fleet from the 2 separate fleets (e.g., for PHRF, spinnaker and
non-spinnaker, and for Centerboard, laser and non-laser). At the end of the season, we combine all of the results from the 3 series into a single High Points for PHRF and Centerboard. The scoring is setup and works fine, but the merging seems to have issues.
It seems that I need to delete the aliased competitors from each of the low points .blw files prior to merging or some of the competitors are not merged correctly. I currently do this manually via the Edit -> Delete competitors menu and then hand select all
of the aliased competitors and then create a low points .blw for merging.

Thanks,

Tom Owen

Dahlgren Yacht Club

Virus-free.

www.avast.com

Virus-free.
www.avast.com