More Help Needed with Aliasing

I have set up a One Design race as an experiment, and using actual timed results from last year, and i am getting some strange results.

One error is repeated every time i Score series , it indicates that one of the Boats is not entered into a race, and it is, and it is scored… and i get the error for each race completed and every time i Score Series.

If you take a look at the attached screen shot you will see that in the Dragon Fleet Boat Storm Vogel (111) is shown as DNS, but if you look at the Aliased version below as in Dragon HC Fleet is coming in as 2nd, and i have no 1st place…

What am i doing wrong?

thx

John W

Hello,

Further to my original post, can you also compare what is happening with the Boat Taranaki (82) actually scored 4/5 & 4 in the real results but in the Aliased section she is DNC,DNC,DNC???

Thx

John W

Hi John,

If you would like to share your Sailwave blw file it would make it much easier to see what you have setup

Jon

···

On 9 September 2017 at 15:16, ejwjohn@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello,

Further to my original post, can you also compare what is happening with the Boat Taranaki (82) actually scored 4/5 & 4 in the real results but in the Aliased section she is DNC,DNC,DNC???

Thx

John W

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Jon,

Apologies,

here it is. THX

John W

Hi John,

Had a look at the file just a couple of things

This competitor was not set to be an Alias of any

I’ve added that

The starts were set to be limited to just Dragon and not Dragon HC so I removed the restriction

The amended file is attached.

Hope that helps

Jon

···

On 9 September 2017 at 16:36, ejwjohn@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

Apologies,

here it is. THX

John W

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Jon,

Ok, Thanks very much, the Alias issue with one competitor was the same problem with the Boat Storm Vogel.

The starts not being for both fleets, yes my mistake…

Thank You again.,

I will plough on and put in the results of the remaining races and see what impact it is having…

John W

John,

Just had a look at the file you made available. [Just seen Jon

has replied as well with the same findings].

The key thing I have found is that you do not have a start for

the aliased fleet Dragon HC. This can be done in one of two ways:

•     create a separate start for the Dragon HC fleet [this is the

one I have used as I prefere to have a start for each fleet]

•     change the start you have created to All Competitors and not

limited to the Dragon Fleet
    But the other is I do not know how you created the aliased
    competitors but Taranaki does not have a the name of the boat it
    is an alias of specified on the alias tab.

I have made these two changes and things appear to me to be now

correct.

Kind regards,

Huw

···

On 09/09/2017 16:36, [sailwave] wrote:

ejwjohn@gmail.com

Jon,

Apologies,

here it is. THX

John W

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Jon & Huw,

Thanks for your help.

I have implemented the fixes as suggested by both and i believe all the Aliases are now sorted out.

But i still cannot find one issue.

I have input the results of the 9 race series now, However the Race Handicaps stop being modified after race 4… and i cannot understand why…??

File attached…

John W

Works fine for me - did you do a rescore?

Jon

···

On 9 September 2017 at 18:45, ejwjohn@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon & Huw,

Thanks for your help.

I have implemented the fixes as suggested by both and i believe all the Aliases are now sorted out.

I have input the results of the 9 race series now, However the Race Handicaps stop being modified after race 4… and i cannot understand why…??

File attached…

John W

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Jon

···

Yes several times

Thank You
John Williams
Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Sep 2017, at 18:48, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Works fine for me - did you do a rescore?

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 9 September 2017 at 18:45, ejwjohn@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon & Huw,

Thanks for your help.

File attached…

John W

OK,

Not sure what has happened, but i closed the file, closed Sailwave.

Re started Sailwave, and reloaded the file.

Now it seems to be OK. in that the handicap values are being updated for all 9 races.

Thanks

John W