Multiple PY rating files

My club is changing to Great Lakes Handicap. I know how to edit the ratings file to do that

BUT

There is a reasonable chance we will host an event this year that insists on using standard PY (you can preach to the organising authority as much as you like about RYA saying standard PY is meant to be adjusted to local conditions)…

…does that mean if that event wants to use the same install of SW, the only way is to move the GL file out and put the PY one back in?

Hi Calum
You could put your Great Lakes Rating files in a sub-directory of Ratings (GL) and point the Ratings to this folder, in the Setup Global Options Folders

e.g. as above

Then you can remove this if you are using the standard rating

Don’t forget to restart Sailwave after making the changes as Sailwave reads these files when it starts up

Jon

OK - that seems reasonably simple. Just need to remember!

Now I have a new issue - and should create a new thread - BUT - your screenshot is a perfect place to describe it…

My Chromebook decided to flatted linux tonight. So I’ve reinstalled the lot. Wine is working, but specifically some fields are not showing their content. It looks like its any text box. The content is there and I can edit it etc. I just cant see the font. This includes on that screen you’ve screenshotted for the file paths. I’m assuming either the font colour is set as white on white, OR the font isnt in my wine install. Do we know what font that is?

Ooo - actually - I have discovered that since wine 7.4 there is a default theme of “Light” - it seems this might be the issue as setting “No theme” flips this back to about 1995 in themes and shows the text up.

Hi Calum,

Yes you have found the solution :slight_smile:. There is a thread here on the SUG forum somewhere about this.

Update: here is link White Text on White background in pop-up editing windows

Kind regards,
Huw