NCH Sailwave helper bug

I am using Sailwave to score handicap series using NCH external scoring, Mostly successfully :slight_smile:

However, for one series (Double handers) when I click on “update all” on the SW helper dialogue box, SW sailwave helper and Excel calculate the results for all races in the series then terminates automatically.

For a similar series (single handers) after I click on “update all” SW helper does a pass through the races but the dialogue box remains active. Only after I click “Update all” four or five times and allowing it to recalculate does SW helper terminate.

My questions is why does SW helper behave differently on these two files? And do I need to do multiple passes until SW helper terminates to ensure valid scores?

All hints gratefully received.

Ian Grant

Abu Dhabi Sailing Club

Hi Ian,

The issue was with your Fleets - You had them all as Single Handed but not all the same, some were spelt Single handed with this SWHelper was taking them as a different fleet. (SWHelper can process multiple fleets)

The SWHelper is case sensitive for the Fleet names - May be it would be better if it wasn’t, and I’ll try to remember to change it for the next release. But its not normally an issue as you select the fleet from a dropdown box but I assume you manually typed it in.

I’ve attached my updated version.

This now works correctly i.e. when you click score or rescore Excel is opened and the first race of the first fleet is displayed. You can at this point click update all and SWHelper will update all the races and close down. If you want it to stop before closing down click the last button and it will do all the races but stop on the last race. To process the last race click next and you will see the final figures when you are happy click the update all and SWHelper will close down.

Hope this helps

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 22 January 2016 at 08:49, ian.grant12@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I am using Sailwave to score handicap series using NCH external scoring, Mostly successfully :slight_smile:

However, for one series (Double handers) when I click on “update all” on the SW helper dialogue box, SW sailwave helper and Excel calculate the results for all races in the series then terminates automatically.

For a similar series (single handers) after I click on “update all” SW helper does a pass through the races but the dialogue box remains active. Only after I click “Update all” four or five times and allowing it to recalculate does SW helper terminate.

My questions is why does SW helper behave differently on these two files? And do I need to do multiple passes until SW helper terminates to ensure valid scores?

Ian Grant

Abu Dhabi Sailing Club

Jon,

Many thanks for your helpful diagnosis.

Ian

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

···

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 22 January 2016 at 08:49, ian.grant12@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Ian Grant

Abu Dhabi Sailing Club