Good day to you all

I am a member of the Basque sailing federation, and we are looking for a general m scoring program for our competitions and also a program for the Atlantic Games to be held here in Bilbao this summer that involves cruiser, dingys and disabled sailing, so we nead a program that can apply to all these classes at the same time

Hoping to hear from you all Jose Luis

···

Jose L Otero
Federación Vizcaína de Vela
vela@asfedebi.com

Look no further - you have found it!!

Download from www.sailwave.com & if you have any questions, there are a few hundred users who will provide you with help via this user group

Sailwave has been used from small sailing clubs to Olympic Classes regattas and Quingdao test events

There are also many cruiser people who also subscribe to this user group

Not sure what you need for disabled sailing as I score disabled & IFDS events the same as any other class of able bodied event

Regards

Ralph

···

Sent: 11 December 2007 12:13
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sailwave] New member

Good day to you all

I am a member of the Basque sailing federation, and we are looking for a general m scoring program for our competitions and also a program for the Atlantic Games to be held here in Bilbao this summer that involves cruiser, dingys and disabled sailing, so we nead a program that can apply to all these classes at the same time

Jose L Otero
vela@asfedebi.com

Welcome to the Sailwave User Group - I’m sure we will be able to assure you that Sailwave is a fine product that will be able to meet your requirements.

I advise that you familiarise yourself with the programme before embarking on a major event. Try it on club races, or even dummy events.

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Sedgefield, South Africa

···

----- Original Message -----

Jose Luis Otero Iturbe

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:13 PM

Good day to you all

Jose L Otero
vela@asfedebi.com

Sailwave has done everything I have asked of it for the last several years – but you will have to learn how to use it. All is not intuitive. At a basic level you will need to learn what Sailwave means by race, start, class, fleet, scoring systems, discard profiles, etc. There is a lot in there. For small club races you can ignore a lot. For bigger regattas you need to learn more.

My advice. Set up a few practice regattas and practice BEFORE you show up at the race. Know what to do if you have missed races or starts. RC’s do all kinds of stuff on the water.

Registration is where you win or lose. Most problems I have really had are registration problems – sail numbers, class, handicap, you name it. Study the SI before you get there.

Do your homework and learn to use the tool and you will love it. Practice. Don’t show up at the regatta thinking you will learn it there. Or – you will get a lesson :slight_smile:

…Gil

http://ussailing.net/waccamaw/

···

----- Original Message -----

Jose Luis Otero Iturbe

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:13 AM

Good day to you all

Jose L Otero
vela@asfedebi.com

Welcome to the Sailwave Usergroup.

I have used it to score everything from small 5-6 boat club races to a 500 boat, 24 fleet race. The easy things to score are the regattas that conform to Appendix A in the rule book. The odd regattas with strange discard profiles and unusual handicaping systems require a little more effort to score.

So far I haven’t found anything I haven’t been able to score.

Before using it at an actual regatta, make sure you setup a test event and understand the scoring works. If you have any questions post them to the User group, someone will answer your question.

Mark Townsend

Alamitos Bay YC

California USA

···

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:13:19 +0100

Good day to you all

Jose L Otero
vela@asfedebi.com

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!