new user struggling to get started

Hi, it would be great if someone could give me some guidance. I have just started at a Yacht Club and I have been asked to use SailWave for all the Club Racing from now on. Luckily our season starts slowly and in the first race of the Spring Series last Saturday there were only 7 starters in our Handicap A (fast) start and 5 starters in our handicap B (slow start). We use PY handicap system (ratings are adjusted by our handicapper but the calculation is same as PY. I have entered a PY for each boat and start and finish times but no calculation of corrected time is happening. I cannot see what is missing in order for the results to be calculated. Please can someone put me straight! Thank you, David

You need to 'Score' the race (assuming that you have set up a series and scoring method).

HTH

Mike
Lancing SC

···

--- In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, "dejkeates" <dejkeates@...> wrote:

I have entered a PY for each boat and start and finish times but no calculation of corrected time is happening. I cannot see what is missing in order for the results to be calculated. Please can someone put me straight! Thank you, David

You need to specify the rating system to be used - go to Setup / Scoring System, then the tab `Rating system’.

The default is None', so presumably you would select RYA Portsmouth’ for your club scoring (or USSA Portsmouth?).

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Sedgefield, South Africa

···

----- Original Message -----

dejkeates

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:04 PM

Subject: [sailwave] new user struggling to get started

Hi, it would be great if someone could give me some guidance. I have just started at a Yacht Club and I have been asked to use SailWave for all the Club Racing from now on. Luckily our season starts slowly and in the first race of the Spring Series last Saturday there were only 7 starters in our Handicap A (fast) start and 5 starters in our handicap B (slow start). We use PY handicap system (ratings are adjusted by our handicapper but the calculation is same as PY. I have entered a PY for each boat and start and finish times but no calculation of corrected time is happening. I cannot see what is missing in order for the results to be calculated. Please can someone put me straight! Thank you, David

Can you send a copy of the SailWave scoring file .blw Someone will look at it and provide you with an answer

···

Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:04 AM

Yes i've done all the things suggested by others, so it would be good to send you the .blw file. I'll need a direct e mail to make an attachment, but I see you will get my address from this message so if you reply I will attach to my reply to you. thanks, david

···

--- In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, "S. Mark Townsend" <s_mark_townsend@...> wrote:

Can you send a copy of the SailWave scoring file .blw Someone will look at it and provide you with an answer

David,

Have you remembered to create a start for each start group for the race(s). Right click the Race column header R1 for example and then create start(s) and associate which boats are in which start.

Kind regards,
Huw

···

--- In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, "dejkeates" <dejkeates@...> wrote:

Yes i've done all the things suggested by others, so it would be good to send you the .blw file. I'll need a direct e mail to make an attachment, but I see you will get my address from this message so if you reply I will attach to my reply to you. thanks, david

--- In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, "S. Mark Townsend" <s_mark_townsend@> wrote:
>
> Can you send a copy of the SailWave scoring file .blw Someone will look at it and provide you with an answer
>
>
> From: dejkeates
> Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:04 AM
> To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [sailwave] new user struggling to get started
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi, it would be great if someone could give me some guidance. I have just started at a Yacht Club and I have been asked to use SailWave for all the Club Racing from now on. Luckily our season starts slowly and in the first race of the Spring Series last Saturday there were only 7 starters in our Handicap A (fast) start and 5 starters in our handicap B (slow start). We use PY handicap system (ratings are adjusted by our handicapper but the calculation is same as PY. I have entered a PY for each boat and start and finish times but no calculation of corrected time is happening. I cannot see what is missing in order for the results to be calculated. Please can someone put me straight! Thank you, David
>

You can send an attachment to the group…

···

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:30 AM

Subject: [sailwave] Re: new user struggling to get started

Yes i’ve done all the things suggested by others, so it would be good to send you the .blw file. I’ll need a direct e mail to make an attachment, but I see you will get my address from this message so if you reply I will attach to my reply to you. thanks, david

— In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, “S. Mark Townsend” <s_mark_townsend@…> wrote: