Newbie with redundant question

Hello all

I am involved with running races in which we have a local PHRF number assigned to our boats, using time on distance to calculate results. Depending on the quality of the race itself and other factors, we may change a boat's rating after each race. We're trying to involve more folks, those who might not otherwise race.

Our races are usually run as pursuit races. Occasionally, we single start and calculate after. In my research here I see that Sailwave does NOT support a pursuit start time calculation, but that someone has built an Excel spreadsheet to calculate pursuit start times.

two things:
QuickScore does include a rather simple-to-use pursuit start calculation wizard so it is possible... can I please request that Sailwave do the same?

And in the meantime, where might I find these spreadsheets mentioned in other messages?

In advance I thank you all very much
tami

I have a spreadsheet (attached) produced by Ralph Tingle for pursuit racing using Portsmouth handicaps. The latest version I have is dated 2007, but should still work - you may have to tweak some of the handicaps, or modify for PHRF.

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Sedgefield, South Africa

···

----- Original Message -----

tamishel

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 5:19 PM

Subject: [sailwave] Newbie with redundant question

Hello all

I am involved with running races in which we have a local PHRF number assigned to our boats, using time on distance to calculate results. Depending on the quality of the race itself and other factors, we may change a boat’s rating after each race. We’re trying to involve more folks, those who might not otherwise race.

Our races are usually run as pursuit races. Occasionally, we single start and calculate after. In my research here I see that Sailwave does NOT support a pursuit start time calculation, but that someone has built an Excel spreadsheet to calculate pursuit start times.

two things:
QuickScore does include a rather simple-to-use pursuit start calculation wizard so it is possible… can I please request that Sailwave do the same?

And in the meantime, where might I find these spreadsheets mentioned in other messages?

tami

Hi Tami

Copy of spreadsheet attached

I have not updated PY numbers since 2008 so they will need checking

Hope this is what you are looking for

Regards

Ralph

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tamishel
Sent:
02 August 2010 16:20
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject:
[sailwave] Newbie with redundant question

Hello all

I am involved with running races in which we have a local PHRF number assigned to our boats, using time on distance to calculate results. Depending on the quality of the race itself and other factors, we may change a boat’s rating after each race. We’re trying to involve more folks, those who might not otherwise race.

two things:
QuickScore does include a rather simple-to-use pursuit start calculation wizard so it is possible… can I please request that Sailwave do the same?

tami