NHC Club ~ End of series number

Hi

We have finished our Easter series (only a two race series) and now preparing for the Spring Series.

I have followed the advice given in the RYA Result Calculation Document which I have published on the Pwllheli Sailing Club web site here.

This asks for the competitors series end NHC to be adjusted by a formula to provide the NHC for the start of the next series.

We use Sailwave to calculate the results.

Sailwave does not appear to provide a NHC number after the last race so (unless anyone has another idea) you must score another race with all competitors DNC to get the last NHC number for all competitors.

I then export the results to excel apply the formula from the document to all competitors and then copy these back in to a new Sailwave series.

It appears to me that it would be helpful if Sailwave could record/publish the race/series end NHC - if it does and I have missed a setting please let me know – if it doesn’t do you have any influence with Sailwave to provide this facility?

An extra nicety would be a Sailwave option to produce the next series starting NHC – again if it does please let me know which settings to adjust

Many thanks

Stephen

Stephen Tudor MRICS FNAEA

Hon. Secretary - Ysgrifennydd anrhydeddus

Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club

This is might be slightly off-topic (since it doesn't involve Sailwave
directly) - We use a similar skipper-handicapping system (different
formula but same general concept). For each race in a class that uses
skipper-handicapping we display the rating used for that race plus the
rating for the next race (one we call "rating" and the other we call
"new rating"). For a year or two we didn't show the "new rating" in
results and it required a separate posting of the new ratings and
created confusion. Showing the "new rating" (together with the rating
actually used for scoring) right in the results seems the way to go for
simplicity and to avoid confusion. Based on experience, I would
recommend that.

···

On 4/10/2013 12:08 AM, Patricia Butterfield wrote:

Sent from my iPad mike butterfield

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 9 April 2013 23:50:33 BST
To: "'Michael Urwin'" <mikeurwin@rorcrating.com>, "'Patricia Butterfield'" <pmbutterfield@msn.com>, "'Bas Edmonds'" <bas.edmonds@rya.org.uk>
Cc: "'Richard Tudor'" <hwylio@tiscali.co.uk>, "'Robert Lowe'" <bob.lowe.sailing@btinternet.com>
Subject: NHC Club ~ End of series number

Hi

We have finished our Easter series (only a two race series) and now preparing for the Spring Series.

I have followed the advice given in the RYA Result Calculation Document which I have published on the Pwllheli Sailing Club web site here.

This asks for the competitors series end NHC to be adjusted by a formula to provide the NHC for the start of the next series.

We use Sailwave to calculate the results.

Sailwave does not appear to provide a NHC number after the last race so (unless anyone has another idea) you must score another race with all competitors DNC to get the last NHC number for all competitors.

I then export the results to excel apply the formula from the document to all competitors and then copy these back in to a new Sailwave series.

It appears to me that it would be helpful if Sailwave could record/publish the race/series end NHC - if it does and I have missed a setting please let me know � if it doesn�t do you have any influence with Sailwave to provide this facility?

An extra nicety would be a Sailwave option to produce the next series starting NHC � again if it does please let me know which settings to adjust

Many thanks

Stephen

Stephen Tudor MRICS FNAEA
Hon. Secretary - Ysgrifennydd anrhydeddus
Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club

As Mike has posted the email here I have posted the follow ups for completion.

Hi Stephen,

First I'm afraid I can't include all the CC'd people in the reply as I don't have their email address, could you please forward this.

I hope you have been following all the posts and updates to the Beta version on the Sailwave User Group where all the discussion and updates are posted.

There is also a Video posted in the User Group which demonstrates how to display the realign values which can also be viewed with this link Realign for NHC

Version 2.9.4 or 2.9.5 are currently the latest versions released for Sailwave but the latest SWHelper and templates currently have to be downloaded from the user group. I hope to take version 2.9 out of Beta this week and will be posting this on the Sailwave site.

Please feel free to give me a call on one of the numbers below at anytime if you would like some assistance or discuss further.

Regards

Stephen Tudor
09:05 (55 minutes ago)

to Michael, Robert, Richard, Jon, Bas, Andy, Patricia
Hi Jon
Thanks for the speedy reply – I have added the re-align column as shown and all works – (same result as my long way round!)
I will also look at the posts in the user groups tonight
I am running 2.9.4
Many thanks again – and a fantastic service from Sailwave
Stephen

···

--- In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Butterfield <pmbutterfield@...> wrote:

Sent from my iPad mike butterfield

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Stephen Tudor" <stpenrhyn@...>
> Date: 9 April 2013 23:50:33 BST
> To: "'Michael Urwin'" <mikeurwin@...>, "'Patricia Butterfield'" <pmbutterfield@...>, "'Bas Edmonds'" <bas.edmonds@...>
> Cc: "'Richard Tudor'" <hwylio@...>, "'Robert Lowe'" <bob.lowe.sailing@...>
> Subject: NHC Club ~ End of series number
>
> Hi
>
> We have finished our Easter series (only a two race series) and now preparing for the Spring Series.
>
> I have followed the advice given in the RYA Result Calculation Document which I have published on the Pwllheli Sailing Club web site here.
>
> This asks for the competitors series end NHC to be adjusted by a formula to provide the NHC for the start of the next series.
>
> We use Sailwave to calculate the results.
>
> Sailwave does not appear to provide a NHC number after the last race so (unless anyone has another idea) you must score another race with all competitors DNC to get the last NHC number for all competitors.
>
> I then export the results to excel apply the formula from the document to all competitors and then copy these back in to a new Sailwave series.
>
> It appears to me that it would be helpful if Sailwave could record/publish the race/series end NHC - if it does and I have missed a setting please let me know â€" if it doesn’t do you have any influence with Sailwave to provide this facility?
>
> An extra nicety would be a Sailwave option to produce the next series starting NHC â€" again if it does please let me know which settings to adjust
>
> Many thanks
>
> Stephen
>
>
> Stephen Tudor MRICS FNAEA
> Hon. Secretary - Ysgrifennydd anrhydeddus
> Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club
> 07977929116
>