NHC scoring only generates NEXT rating after 3 races

NHC scoring only generates NEXT rating after 3 races. Any comment/reason why Sailwave takes 3 races rather than 1 or 2

Hi Kirk,

I have just opened the example file NHC2014.blw in the examples folder and switched to Ratings view and I see the ratings used for R2 onwards.

Please can you share the file that you are seeing this behaviour.
Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Kirk - NHC will adjust the ratings after one race as long as you have 3 or more boats that finish the race.

What makes you think that it takes 3 ?

Regards

Jon

rust_series_1_2021.blw (148.9 KB)

Here is the file. Note that the boats in question have started later in the series. Difference???

Hi Kirk,

NHC2014 will only change a boat’s rating if it races - does that help

There does exist an NHC2015 specification in which boats in a series will change even if they don’t race which does cause some confusion.
You can use the 2015 specification using external mode and the 2015 template if that is what you really want to do but. Sailwave has not adopted it as a standard as the RYA has never clarified if the Specification or the Example are correct as they are different !! The template available for Sailwave is based on the specification

Regards

Jon

My booboo!
All boats except 3: Gunsmoke, Yulara and Into the Mystic, had been assigned a “fleet” of 0.
These 3 boats were unassigned to a fleet. The handicapping worked but no ratings were published.
I think I saw this error in the manual but it has been a while since I looked closely at it.