NHC

Good Day, I see that that the excel file is set for a minimum of three boats and I assume that the internal mode uses this as well. Is this a requirement for NHC that ratings are not re-alined unless there are three or more boats,

regard

Dave

Hi Dave,

That is in the spec for 2014 version of NHC - the 2013 version of NHC did not have that.

If there is less than 3 then no adjustments are made

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 29 September 2014 12:41, dvinnell@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Good Day, I see that that the excel file is set for a minimum of three boats and I assume that the internal mode uses this as well. Is this a requirement for NHC that ratings are not re-alined unless there are three or more boats,

regard

Dave

Thanks Jon,

I have read the 2014 calculation document and I can’t see it says a minimum of three boats.

I don’t understand the maths enough to know if they require at least three boats to work.

regards

Dave Vinnell

Hi Dave,
The minimum of 3 is there somewhere. Although I think the adjustment would work with only 2 it is the re-alignment that currently causes an issue if only a few of the fleet sail. If you want you can play with it and change the spreadsheet and see what happens. In the extreme if you only have a single boat finish a race then their rating gets set to their base rating, which is not what you want - I think we might see some spec changes for 2015

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 29 September 2014 14:46, dvinnell@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks Jon,

I have read the 2014 calculation document and I can’t see it says a minimum of three boats.

I don’t understand the maths enough to know if they require at least three boats to work.

regards

Dave Vinnell