NHC3

We have just completed a Spring Series of six races of which only two have been completed due to adverse weather.I am looking for guidance as to how I carry forward the re-aligned handicaps to a new series.

I notice that the re-align figures which I have published using the “seeding” column all vary from the actual figures by -0.001.

Richard Hopper

Hi Richard,

Could you clarify which version you are running. Because the 2014 version does not have a realign within Sailwave, this is because all races are now automatically realigned. This is a specification change by the RYA

Are you still running the 2013 version?

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 19 May 2014 09:02, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

We have just completed a Spring Series of six races of which only two have been completed due to adverse weather.I am looking for guidance as to how I carry forward the re-aligned handicaps to a new series.

I notice that the re-align figures which I have published using the “seeding” column all vary from the actual figures by -0.001.

Richard Hopper

We are using 2:14:11.
Richard

Hi Richard,

So if you are using 2.14.11 there is no realignment required because the 2014 NHC specification realigns after each race.

Therefore if you are starting a new series - say your summer series from your spring series you have two options.

1. Manually create your new series and in the rating for the competitors enter the Base rating from the RYA for that boat class and in the R1 results tab for each competitor enter the starting rating which will come from the rating of (last race + 1) of the previous series. Assuming you had 6 races then race 7 will contain the ratings to be carried forward to the new series

2. The easy way - copy and rename your blw file and delete all but the (last + 1) race. Assuming that these are the same competitors its all done.

This is because the Base Rating in the competitor ratings field will be the same, and the Last +1 race will not contain any results only the rating and now this is R1, so the ratings will start correctly.

Hope this answers your question if not let me know

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 19 May 2014 17:09, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

We are using 2:14:11.
Richard

Thank you.
Richard