OOD apparently scoring incorrectly

I’m trying to use OOD and the option to average the sum of points for non-DNC. It resolutely assigns number of boats in the series +1. Assigning a fixed value works. Similarly, using RDGa gives same value as OOD. Clearly I am misunderstanding something. Any clues?

Hi Flushing,

Firstly welcome back.

Please advise which version of Sailwave you are using. Also so if you would like to share your file, then I will have a look at it.

Kind regards,
Huw

www.flushingsailingclub.co.uk/sailwave/mylor.blw
thank you

Hi Flushing,
Thank you for the file. Unfortunately, it has only one race and no OOD codes. Please could I have a file which includes use of OOD code and also more than one race?

I have looked for results on the club website and found several 2021 results with OOD code being used, which I think have the points calculated correctly.

Look forward to helping sort your problem.
Kind regards,
Huw

I do note that the

I think I’ve sussed it. I was expecting the average to be the average of the scores in a given race. But what it awards (correctly) is the average of that skipper’s race results over the series. duh! (S)he is effectively awarded a DNC for this race, which when averaged over 1 race, is going to be number of boats in series +1. It all makes sense. I did think SW was more likely to be correct than I was!

1 Like

Hi Flushing,
Well done on sorting it out.

Huw