Personal handicap system

Hi Ian - You use the ratings from the old series - The ones that would have been used for the next race in the old series if there had been another race.

If you take the old series which will consist of n races + 1 where n is the number of races. The +1 race will contain the new ratings. So make a copy of the file and delete all the races except the +1 race this will now be race 1 of the new series and will contain all the correct ratings already for you. Remember to add enough new races + 1

Jon

···

On 21 January 2015 at 14:19, middies3@hotmail.co.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I’ve run the progressive personal handicap now for a couple of months. The last series finished before the New Year and our Frostbite started Sunday gone.

I’m doing results using both " normal sailwave " and the “progressive”.

How do I figure our which handicap to use to start a new progressive series. The previous series had 26 races and the new will use 30 races weather permitting.

Ian

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Jon

Just to say. Sorted ! I can now see the PY that will be used for the first race on the next weekend. It’s actually bringing interest back. I’m now being asked to print off this PY and put it on the results board for the members to see before going out. Scary but nobody is trying for a bad result to drop their PY YET!

Ian

This was sent from my iPhone .

···

On 21 January 2015 at 14:19, middies3@hotmail.co.uk [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I’ve run the progressive personal handicap now for a couple of months. The last series finished before the New Year and our Frostbite started Sunday gone.

I’m doing results using both " normal sailwave " and the “progressive”.

How do I figure our which handicap to use to start a new progressive series. The previous series had 26 races and the new will use 30 races weather permitting.

Ian

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”