Picking races across a season series to score for different "leagues"

I wonder if someone can help me as a novice user please?

We are a small club that tries to get and encourage as many boats on the water as possible from a very mixed, mainly cruiser, fleet. In the fleet we also include an RS Elite and a couple of Flying Fifteens. I have set up aliases to score boats in 3 fleets: (1) Cruisers and RS Elite on IRC and (2) NHC Progressive handicap and (3) Flying Fifteens and RS Elite on PY. This works nicely.

My difficulty lies in the following:

We would like to have every race affect the NHC Progressive handicap throughout the whole season.

We sail Thursday races for monthly “leagues” and Sunday races for Sunday Cups, and have a two-day championship as well as other occasional and coastal races.

Rather than making multiple series in Sailwave, we would like to just have one file for the whole season so the Progressive NHC handicaps develop across all races, but be able to select and score groups of races for eg. June/July/August monthly leagues, 5 Championship races, 2 coastal races etc.

I am sure there must be a way to do this as Sailwave seems highly flexible. Just publishing specific selected races doesn’t seem to actually score those selected as a group of races.

Any guidance as to how to do what we want in this way will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob Moodie

Hi Rob,

Currently the only way to score a subset would be to copy the .blw file and then delete the races that you don’t want.

This way you can change the titles and the discard profiles etc etc to meet the requirements.

Regards

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Hi Jon
Many thanks, that also is the only alternative I could think of unless there was a specific mechanism. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Rob

···

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019, 21:28 Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave], sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Rob,

Currently the only way to score a subset would be to copy the .blw file and then delete the races that you don’t want.

This way you can change the titles and the discard profiles etc etc to meet the requirements.

Regards

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 13:07, rm.internationalcareer@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I wonder if someone can help me as a novice user please?

We are a small club that tries to get and encourage as many boats on the water as possible from a very mixed, mainly cruiser, fleet. In the fleet we also include an RS Elite and a couple of Flying Fifteens. I have set up aliases to score boats in 3 fleets: (1) Cruisers and RS Elite on IRC and (2) NHC Progressive handicap and (3) Flying Fifteens and RS Elite on PY. This works nicely.

My difficulty lies in the following:

We would like to have every race affect the NHC Progressive handicap throughout the whole season.

We sail Thursday races for monthly “leagues” and Sunday races for Sunday Cups, and have a two-day championship as well as other occasional and coastal races.

Rather than making multiple series in Sailwave, we would like to just have one file for the whole season so the Progressive NHC handicaps develop across all races, but be able to select and score groups of races for eg. June/July/August monthly leagues, 5 Championship races, 2 coastal races etc.

I am sure there must be a way to do this as Sailwave seems highly flexible. Just publishing specific selected races doesn’t seem to actually score those selected as a group of races.

Any guidance as to how to do what we want in this way will be appreciated…

Thanks

Rob Moodie